Went on a power tour - A T/A kept up

termin8r

From STi to SVT
Established Member
It was quite fun. I've only had my terminator for 2 weeks and already love it. Already have dyno numbers that are listed in the Sig.

Anyways, i went on a 30 car power tour the other night and ran into a really nasty sounding Trans Am with slicks out back. We went on a 50 mph roll and we were dead even in 3 consecutive pulls up to 110. My passenger knew he was running race gas and didn't know what else he had lurking under the hood. What does an LS1 F-Body need to keep up with a pulley, exhuast, and tuned Term?

regardless it was a fun evening. A couple of Turboed Terms were out there murdering, an old VW GTI with something big under the hood, a ton of LS1's, a few fast Honda's, and a group of Subarus, Fox Bodies, and whatever else was up for fun.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
I think they need a h/c/i/e, maybe some juice. Just my guess though.

Nice run.

Last edited:

SVT GuY 281SC

Banned
ford_racer said:
I think they need a h/c/i/e, maybe some juice. Just my guess though.

Nice run.
nah, no nitrous, just h/c/e and a good driver with race gas and slicks could definitly stick with a pullied terminator.

TORNATIC!!

Established Member
A good H/C package with a good tune plus slicks, race gas, and the fact that they're lighter and more aerodynamic equals tough competition for a pullied Cobra.

Prey4Me

Another H&C LS1
Established Member
Good runs,I love running cars that are close or dead even with mine.From my experience it takes somewhere around 50rwhp more to pull most F-body's cause of the weight difference.So going by your numbers he could be cam and bolt on's, or maybe a 150 shot with some bolt on's?That would be my guess.BTW your cobra looks great:rockon:

StangJason

Established Member
I'm sure exhaust and enough nitrous would help one hang or beat a pullied terminator. On the otherhand I beat up on a h/c/i LS1 so it really depends on the package.

In your case since you raced him from a roll I believe you have a bigger advantage because your weight is less of a handicap at higher speeds plus his advantage of having slicks is completely negated.

Users who are viewing this thread