Went for a ride in a '11

Cobra Jay

Got Boost?
Established Member
All I can say is WOW! :)

For an N/A car they are pretty damn quick (even with 3.31s like this one had).

IMO- You guys (and gals) who are getting 2011 GT 5.0s are going to VERY HAPPY with them! :beer:

downsized_0301001326.jpg

0301001319.jpg

0301001319a.jpg

Boogeyman347

Established Member
You lucky, lucky man:rockon:.....If u take another ride try to sneak a video, or get ur friend to burnout for us.

Was that stick or automatic?

Cobra Jay

Got Boost?
Established Member
You lucky, lucky man:rockon:.....If u take another ride try to sneak a video, or get ur friend to burnout for us.

Was that stick or automatic?

I had a video of it , but its was on my phone and the sound sucked so i deleted it. I will go get some more pics and video of it with my digital camera when it gets nicer

6spdM trans

thanks for the info. I cant wait to get one of these

:beer:

Who's car was that? Are they already out or just in Michigan?

Nope they aren't out yet. Thats a 2011 Pilot car. 2010 GT (see fender emblem) w/2011 5.0 and 6spdM trans

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
awesome.
I just have to ask......how does the seat of the pants feeling compare to a stock terminator?

TVSCobra

Established Member
I would really like to get one, maybe when I pay off my Cobra. You are lucky to have gotten the chance to ride in one so early. Very nice.

Cobra Jay

Got Boost?
Established Member
Any chance of you getting behind the wheel? I'm curious about the shifting of the trans.

I'm working on it. One of the engineers that works in the garage use to be my supervisor so I'm hoping he'll let me have a go at her one day when its nicer out and he brings one home for the weekend

They'll only be happy with them until they want to go FI and have to go internal, haha.

They will handle some boost as is. 2011 Shelby GT350 isn't N/A

Considering that they are already starting off a hundred hp more,
How is that any different from the current GT?
ha ha.

Most people wont touch em anyway other than exhaust and maybe a retune.

awesome.
I just have to ask......how does the seat of the pants feeling compare to a stock terminator?

It's been a while since I've driven a stock 03-04 (I drove one of each) but I'd say it was pretty close with the 3.31s. I want to see how these are w/3.73s :coolman:

Very nice, Im assuming this car will eventually be scrapped?

It will go back to Dearborn when we are done with it, then when they are done with it, it will more than likely be crushed. :nonono:

I would really like to get one, maybe when I pay off my Cobra.

You are lucky to have gotten the chance to ride in one so early. Very nice.

I would like to buy one too, but I don't want another car payment, and mine is faster. :-D

It was cool for sure. :beer:

MattR

Established Member
Hey Cobra Jay,

Maybe you can answer a question for me. I am buying or hope to buy my first Mustang and first Ford for that fact. Went to my local dealer and placed the order for a 2011 GT 500, order went in but the dealer rep told us he wont have an allocation for the car. The dealer has already ordered one sold order already and mine is the second. Is there any way to know when my dealer may get my allocation? Does a way exist to get an allocation sooner?

I have been a GM guy for the last 15 years and have always just ordered the car I wanted and it would show up 3-8 weeks later once production was started, so this allocation thing is all new to me.

any help or information would be appreciated.

meaty mac

IDK what I want now
Established Member
Hey Cobra Jay,

Maybe you can answer a question for me. I am buying or hope to buy my first Mustang and first Ford for that fact. Went to my local dealer and placed the order for a 2011 GT 500, order went in but the dealer rep told us he wont have an allocation for the car. The dealer has already ordered one sold order already and mine is the second. Is there any way to know when my dealer may get my allocation? Does a way exist to get an allocation sooner?

I have been a GM guy for the last 15 years and have always just ordered the car I wanted and it would show up 3-8 weeks later once production was started, so this allocation thing is all new to me.

any help or information would be appreciated.

Considering that you're in Michigan, you shouldn't have ANY trouble finding a dealer that'll help you out. Try an old SVT dealer or at least one of the bigger dealers. They'll take your order.

I am looking at getting into a 2011 5.0, but I cannot find any dealerships with stock. Whats the deal?

I'm guessing that you haven't even gone to a dealership, because they would tell you that-

Production hasn't even started yet, bud. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread