went down today...

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
was out with paul, jermeny and chuck... some friends on racers den. everythign was going well...

went a little to fast around a turn hit some gravel and that's all she wrote...lowsided at around 40mph or so...I was actually really lucky because i missed a pole on the side of the road by about 1 foot which would of owned me. I was also wearing my boots which did a perfect job of protecting my ankles.

When i first went down i couldn't get my foot from out under the bike as we were slidding down the side of the road. It did eventually come out and i popped right up a little out of it because my head did hit the ground...

Nothing broken, nothing sprained, just have a little rash on my back left shoulder and a little on my side...but almost nothing at all....

bike is fine too...frame sliders did their job perfectly ... rode the bike home even. the only mishap was that the sensor on my kick stand broke so i could get the bike in gear. Paul found a way to bypass it so all is good now...

so everyone out there...always wair your gear...that shit works!

i'll put up some pics later....

Evan5469

Established Member
Holy shit Prasad. Glad to hear you're ok. I'll bet that was probably the scariest moment of your life, huh? But again, glad you're ok.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Evan5469 said:
Holy shit Prasad. Glad to hear you're ok. I'll bet that was probably the scariest moment of your life, huh? But again, glad you're ok.

well...it was so surreal when i did go down. it was like watching something out of a movie or something.

i wasn't really that scared when it was happening, more so after it happened I was like holy shit.

i'm just glad i didn't break anything or hurt myself...just a little road rash and that's it.

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Glad to hear you are okayman! Never ridden but, I agree..if I did..I would be wearing every protective thing they made! That's why I only go fast in my car...at least there is a body around me to protect me..somewhat!

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Wow,

Sounds pretty scary, glad you are ok. Bikes are definately fun but I guess you can never be too careful.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Wow! I'm glad you're okay, Prasad. When I wiped out on my 748 two summers ago that was it for me and bikes. My right knee is still a bit banged up til' this day.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
haha...i still rode for another 2 hours after that happened ;)

this is hardly a detterent for me....just need to be more careful.

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
lRageATMl said:
well...it was so surreal when i did go down. it was like watching something out of a movie or something.

i wasn't really that scared when it was happening, more so after it happened I was like holy shit.

i'm just glad i didn't break anything or hurt myself...just a little road rash and that's it.

Glad to hear you're ok! Been there done that twice - last time tore a few ligaments in my ankle and scraped my arm & side up pretty good. My Bike got stolen the next day. I figured that was a sign..lol

Stay safe!

gcassidy

One more lap!
Established Member
Glad you and the bike are good. Been down 4 times on the street, and 3 on the racetrack. Never any fun, but the right gear is the way to go. Healing sucks! :bash:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Damn dude, glad you are alright. Nothing like a little scare to remind you to be careful....I know I've had my fair share of close calls.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
FISHTAIL said:
Damn dude, glad you are alright. Nothing like a little scare to remind you to be careful....I know I've had my fair share of close calls.

yea....going to take it a little eaiser in the turns now on :beer:

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Glad to hear you're alright Prasad... This kind of stuff really makes me think that I might want a waverunner instead of a bike (although both Kelly AND I want a bike; BUT, nothing will be bought prior to a Cobra :-D )...

muhtalicbloo

Established Member
wooooooooow i'm amazed you only came away w/ a few scrapes...(they'll buff out lol) and i'm glad to hear your okay

+1 on wearing your gear....i used to have a 125 and 250 cc yamaha's and the 125 was an enduro bike (tail light, headlight, mirrors, basically street legal).....welllllll i used to moto cross so i was comfortable on them and always wore gear...lets just say i was dicking around before dinner one night riding around in my yard....i was doing about 10 mph in the grass....and the bike slid from underneath me as i was turning....landed on left side and then bounced back up and landed on right side which came to a rest....keep in mind it hadn't rained in about a month and a half so the ground was damn near as hard as pavement....cracked my helmet around the face guard and also tore off the sun visor on top....punctured my gas tank, broke a mirror, broke a tail light, messed up the steering and bent the frame....broke my wrist (had to get it pinned) and broke my shoulder (still broken b/c at the time it was on a growth plate...so now i just deal w/ the bone rubbing but it's not too bad anymore)

SO ALWAYS WEAR YOUR GEAR...REGARDLESS OF BEING ON A BIKE OR RACING IN A CAR!!!

Almo

Established Member
Sorry to hear but glad you're ok. I haven't been on a bike yet since laying one down a few years ago. Same thing, hit some gravel and the next thing I know... I see guardrail.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
Almo said:
Sorry to hear but glad you're ok. I haven't been on a bike yet since laying one down a few years ago. Same thing, hit some gravel and the next thing I know... I see guardrail.

i was on some backroads near harpers ferry. i was lucky in many ways and one was that it was an open field to the side i started slidding into. there were some electric poles but i went right between them...

04yellowcobra

Established Member
I definatly hear ya on the gear, and you learned first hand.

Even if I ride to work, which I will be doing more here as the days get nicer. I always wear my gear.

I did get into some nasty tank slap on my dirt bike over the weekend, but was able to ride out of it, very scary for a little bit there.

I really need to get out around here and find some good roads to ride.

Later

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
04yellowcobra said:
I definatly hear ya on the gear, and you learned first hand.

Even if I ride to work, which I will be doing more here as the days get nicer. I always wear my gear.

I did get into some nasty tank slap on my dirt bike over the weekend, but was able to ride out of it, very scary for a little bit there.

I really need to get out around here and find some good roads to ride.

Later

I never ride, whether to work or even for a short ride to get something to eat, without my leather jacket, joe rocket pants, helmet and gloves. It jsut isn't worth it and this weekend was a perfect example.

i wear jeans over my joe rocket pants...you really should see the jeans now. My legs would of been torn up badly if I didn't have those pants on. In fact i would probably be in the hospital still...

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
Damn.....glad to hear you are alright. I had a buddy doing about 80 mph and got side swiped by a lady in a mini van at the mixing bowl on 495. He wrecked, got back up and pulled his bike over to the side of the road. His bike was totalled, and he walked away with a fractured wrist. His helmet was all smashed up and his jacket was still in tact.

Users who are viewing this thread