Went back to the dark side

tscripa

Found this and couldn't resist any longer...
10269544.jpg

2007 LeMans Blue Z06. It is now in the garage next to the Cobra, which I will now be selling. I will be posting the Cobra up for sale shortly so keep an eye out if you know anyone who might be interested in a lo mile 2004 Redfire Vert in spotless condition. Mods in sig.

Cheers

281pony

Established Member
totally dont blame you for that.

if i pay off some bills in the next couple years ill be rolling in one as well :beer:

ShadowFist

Wave Existence
Established Member
Oh sweet... How much did you pay for the z06?

Hmmm.... Redfire for sale soon.... Any idea as to what price you are looking to get?

Black Talon

KnightOfTheOldRepublic
Established Member
Found this and couldn't resist any longer...
10269544.jpg

2007 LeMans Blue Z06. It is now in the garage next to the Cobra, which I will now be selling. I will be posting the Cobra up for sale shortly so keep an eye out if you know anyone who might be interested in a lo mile 2004 Redfire Vert in spotless condition. Mods in sig.

Cheers
Nice vette. I like it ALOT!:coolman:

HandoZiZle

WHIPPLE INSIDE
Established Member
Nice color choice...i saw one the other day with the darker wheels (i dont know what it's called) and it looks badass on a cloudy day. I bet the tranmission feels like butter compared to the cobra's:lol1:

tscripa

Nice color choice...i saw one the other day with the darker wheels (i dont know what it's called) and it looks badass on a cloudy day. I bet the tranmission feels like butter compared to the cobra's:lol1:

You definitely don't get the left leg workout like you do on the Cobra, and it is not as "notchy" ;-) I also have a 07 BMW 335i with a 6sp manual, and it has a great transmission although the clutch is almost too light. The Z06 trans is very nice as well, although the stock shifter has slightly long throws, and I'll be replacing it soon. All in all though, the only real gripe I have with the Cobra trans that is not easily correctable is related to driver ergonomics - shifter too far forward.

As far as Z06 gripes, the only real one I have would be the seats. The stock driver's seats in the Cobra and 335i are superior. I am 6'2" at 200lbs and I can dial the Cobra and 335 seats in just right, not quite so in the Z06.

I am definitely going to miss the Cobra when it sells. I love late '60s muscle cars and the Cobra is such a perfect throw back vehicle with the benefits of an awesome engine and driveline. Having an "almost modern" platform that is so easy to mod really restores what has always been great about the hobby.

I have the car listed under consignment at Park Place Motors. They will end up asking top dollar and if I can't get what I want, I think I will end up keeping it (twist my arm :))

edit: adding link to Cobra listing at Park Place:
http://www.parkplaceltd.com/vehicle...vin=1FAFP49Y04F217188&pos=4&current=1&size=50

Last edited by a moderator:

tscripa

I saw it there when I bought the Z06. Very nice and clean car - looked to be in great shape. Mine is similarly spotless as well - garage queen :)

Users who are viewing this thread