Wellll its been decided.....

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
I bought the car prob around a month ago and after a sad day of having another MMR oil pump fail on us the shortblock went south. So while it is back with Thomas getting a new shortblock we have discuseed and decided that the car is getting a pt88, replacing the hks ssqv bov with a Tial 50, and getting a retune through the c4. I am excited and anxious to have this done and roast the hell out of some cars after the new additions!

Last edited:

nanastymach1

Established Member
What were the conditions when it failed? Were u wot etc?this is scary I believe I have this pump too in my turbo car,and how many miles were on it?

iggster

Established Member
How many mmr oil pumps have failed on you? What exactly happened? I ask cause I was this close to buying one of their pumps, I just ended up buying a ford racing one instead.

Good luck on the new build :)

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
I'm not basing MMR at all as that is not allowed I'm just going to say this is the 2nd MMR oil pump failure. I was not WOT when it failed. I hadn't gone WOT through the entire time I was driving it prob 15 minutes. Now I will point out I had been once earlier that day only to around 8lbs when the tune is at 15, and a few pulls the day before which were also below 10lbs. This time we are going with a Ford Racing. Now this could have just been a fluke twice a row but if it is or not I won't be risking more downtime over an oil pump. That is the extent I will say about the situation because I am not here to bash a company. I will simply state their oil pumps have failed twice on me personally, meaning 2 in a row, both brand new. Now I guess the good thing is I took the leap to spend some extra money I rolled up on by selling my bronco and such to where I can upgrade to the 88mm and make some big power. Maybe contest the 1000hp twin turbo Mystichrome on the site.

You sir owner of that car (which I believe is zeekamn) if you read this I love your car and have always wanted a turbo mystichrome since I saw it!

1MIXDUP

Established Member
I'm not basing MMR at all as that is not allowed I'm just going to say this is the 2nd MMR oil pump failure. I was not WOT when it failed. I hadn't gone WOT through the entire time I was driving it prob 15 minutes. Now I will point out I had been once earlier that day only to around 8lbs when the tune is at 15, and a few pulls the day before which were also below 10lbs. This time we are going with a Ford Racing. Now this could have just been a fluke twice a row but if it is or not I won't be risking more downtime over an oil pump. That is the extent I will say about the situation because I am not here to bash a company. I will simply state their oil pumps have failed twice on me personally, meaning 2 in a row, both brand new. Now I guess the good thing is I took the leap to spend some extra money I rolled up on by selling my bronco and such to where I can upgrade to the 88mm and make some big power. Maybe contest the 1000hp twin turbo Mystichrome on the site.

You sir owner of that car (which I believe is zeekamn) if you read this I love your car and have always wanted a turbo mystichrome since I saw it!

Hey bro sorry about the misfortune bro but you sure did just save my butt! i was gonna buy one TODAY! Now i'm going back with a stock one! :rockon::beer:

1MIXDUP

Established Member
How many mmr oil pumps have failed on you? What exactly happened? I ask cause I was this close to buying one of their pumps, I just ended up buying a ford racing one instead.

Good luck on the new build :)

Hey i was looking at your signature and i noticed that you have a T76 setup and I'm building a very similar setup to yours and was wondering if you had any ET's, mph, with this setup, and do you have any dyno graphs you wouldn't mind sharing with me. I really wanna no what this thing will do...Thanks! :beer:

White03vert

Slowbra
Established Member
well I would only hope it avoided someone else stress! Now there are plenty of people running MMR products that have zero problems but I am just stating my experience with them!

Cobra8urZ06

Established Member
the mmr pumps that aren't having problems are the ford racing ones they put in their own packing, i've heard nothing but horror stories from their stuff, as i've always used stock and sometimes used low mileage 03-04 stuff with ZERO issues.......ford spends millions on r&d i can't imagine mmr spends 100's.

twin62cobra

Established Member
We have been running a stock oil pump in our race car for the pass 2 years without any problems. Our best time so far has been a 7.65 in the 1/4 mile.

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
sucks about the oil pump. I've seen too many of those billet gears/pumps break. I'm also running a Fordracing pump and not one issue. BTW good luck keeping that C4 living at those power levels.

Users who are viewing this thread