Well, who cares if its winter time I BOUGHT A FOX

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
well, finally, i am fast again, well faster then the past 2 cars heh. Anyway, i picked up a 88 5.0 LX, 5spd, redwine metallic (AF paint), flowmaster catback with gutted cats, shorty headers, msd, ford racing wires, edelbrock upper and lower, centerforce dual friction clutch, pro 5.0 shifter, monster tach and a pillar with temp and oil pressure gauges, pony wheels with z-rated 255s in the rear and i think 215s in the front and well... the motor has 110k miles on it, still has plenty of life in her :). What do u guys think???

and a few questions for u all, never owned a stang with a 302 motor, what rpm range am i talking about here for power? what is a safe rpm to drop it down at and what rpm is useless to go past under WOT? Give me some tips if u all can? would greatly appreciate it. Oh yeah, i forgot, did i tell you all i bought a 5L!? hehe, happy man right here i am.

Last edited:

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
well its kind of funny i work at a electronics retailer and i havent had a chance to get my hands on a camera yet lol, but yeah i will have pics up soon. Its great to be back with a stang :)

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
if it still has the stock cam, 5500 rpm is where you want to shift at when racing. That equals about 6k rpm if you are still using the stock tach. They are notorious for being off several hundred rpm when close to redline

Fiveoh93Snake

Snake Bitten!
Established Member
Me personally I wouldn't shift that car above 5500 regardless of tach calibration. Tachs are nortorious for being off the mark both ways high/low. But 100K + miles I'm sure the valve springs won't appreciate being zinged to 6000 repeatedly. 5200-5500 is the rock solid norm for shifting a stock cammed 5 Liter. On the mentioned "monster tach" keep it at or below 5500 an it should live a good while longer.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
k sounds good, its set to light up at 5 thousand right now just to be even safer, but shes good for 5500 i guess, is there anything i should know about this car aside from its shit in the rain.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
give me a few days for the pics, i need clean weather, i m sick of washing the car and then it taking a crapbath outside

Users who are viewing this thread