Well, unfortunately it's winter

DKING89

Established Member
Well, unfortunately it's winter and for alot of us on the board our cars are in hibernation. But the great thing is that the Holidays and New Year is fast approaching. With that said, I'm looking for some awesome drink recipes - alcoholic or not - that you'll be consuming with your friends and/or loved ones. What I'm really looking for is something exotic, not your standard gin & tonic, Jack & coke, or go-to drink. What's something that your family enjoys around the holiday get-togethers? I'll go first:

MY AUNT'S BRANDY SLUSHIES
Ingredients-
5 cups boiling water
4-10 bags tea
1 cup white sugar
1 (16 ounce) can frozen lemonade concentrate
1 (16 ounce) can frozen orange juice concentrate
2-4 cups brandy (depending on how strong you want it)
1 (2 liter) bottle lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
Directions-
Steep tea in 2 cups boiling water for 10 minutes. Place remaining 3 cups boiling water in a BIG bowl. Stir in sugar until dissolved. Stir in lemonade concentrate, orange juice concentrate, and brandy. Remove teabags and stir tea into mixture. Freeze overnight. To serve, scoop desired amount into glass, then fill glass with lemon-lime soda, and stir.

mckpat03

Diesel FTW
Established Member
My mom makes a really similar slush mix, actually. She uses peach brandy, the juice concentrates, the lemon-lime beverage. That's all I know off the top of my head.

Last

Established Member
Well unfortunately I'm going to attempt that, screw it up, and get drunk anyways... Thanks for sharing! My family drinks martini's or wine for the women, and standard beer or whiskey/coke for the men.

Users who are viewing this thread