well, there goes my pride and joy

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
well the worst thing that could happen to me happened, i smashed my car yesterday morning on the way to work. Yeah well, i still dont know what to do about the whole situation but i am thinking of either parting it out or selling it whole as a parts car...

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
Man that suck, I smashed into a crosswalk sign, but luckily it was repairable. Well the Best of luck to you.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
yeah but the only way to really do it is if i take my motor out and put in a rolling chassis, i gota check the car under the hood still i am going to hopefully tomorrow, and my buddy is interested in the motor so weill see how that goes :/

~Ray~

Established Member
TorchRedCobra04 said:
yeah but the only way to really do it is if i take my motor out and put in a rolling chassis, i gota check the car under the hood still i am going to hopefully tomorrow, and my buddy is interested in the motor so weill see how that goes :/

Well if it's a 04 Cobra then you can probably just run down to your local used car lot & pick one up, not like there in small demand or anything :thumbsup:

cobr96

getting old
Established Member
His Sig says 1988 ford mustang LX should be easy to find another body to swap all his parts over to.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
well a lil update, these are my options so far.
-sell the motor/tranny to a few interestees
-trade the entire car to a collector/makes mustangs kick ass, and buy out the rest or do a full trade for one of his crazy mustangs.

and oh yeah. quick question for u guys. how easy is it to swap a 302 out from a donor car into a new chassis?? and downsides if i swap a motor into a 4 cyl. fox body? i am assume i would have to swap the drivetrain too if it were a 4 cyl.?? whats involved??

Last edited:

sled

Established Member
TorchRedCobra04 said:
well a lil update, these are my options so far.
-sell the motor/tranny to a few interestees
-trade the entire car to a collector/makes mustangs kick ass, and buy out the rest or do a full trade for one of his crazy mustangs.

and oh yeah. quick question for u guys. how easy is it to swap a 302 out from a donor car into a new chassis?? and downsides if i swap a motor into a 4 cyl. fox body? i am assume i would have to swap the drivetrain too if it were a 4 cyl.?? whats involved??
its pretty easy. its just takes some time. you need to swap the whole drive train and wiring harness. its easier to just go carb if you just building it for speed.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
i wrecked a 88 LX, my options are, either sell the whole car more rather for the motor then the chassis obviously/parts car, or trade it in and pay the difference to a guy who is interested in the whole car

svtdriven

Established Member
well, here's my .02

If I had the place and the space to pull the car apart AND if the drivetrain was in exceptionally good condition, I would keep it and start looking for another body.

If it had pretty high miles, and the motor was ready for a rebuild, AND I didn't have a lot of money tied up in it, I'd probably let it go.

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
You might want to buy it back from the insurance company, have it fixed with the $$ they give you and have a rebuilt title car.

A few extra $$$ for some mods after it got fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread