Well...The UPS Guy (Brown Clown) Dropped Off My First Round of Mods

Colleton

Established Member
It's all good, sorry for getting grumpy.

I think the car will look better with the lowering springs, but I'm already scraping the bottom part of the splitter occasionally when pulling in and out of parking lots, gas stations, etc... I bet you'll end up having to remove the 3 bottom pieces of the splitter with it lowered.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Eviltwins344 said:
I was a little nervous about going with the rod ends on both sides, instead of the polyurethane on one. My concerns, upon initial review, are no longer of any concern.

I use MM's rod ended LCA's as well as their rod ended panhard bar. As long as BMR is using a high quality heim (ie, three piece with a Teflon liner and premium steel) you shouldn't have a NVH issue. You will notice an increase in noise if you use an upper arm with a spherical bearing on it though.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Informative thread Evil. When it warms up some you'll notice the car stays much flatter on acceleration. Feels tighter all the way around. I squared my rear by measuring from the lower rockers vs the tire. I see your LCA is in the middle hole, can't remember which mine is. Car is in bodyshop now. The front splitter will rub some but usually just the lower 2 sharp points on the front, not that big of a deal if you be careful.

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
I use MM's rod ended LCA's as well as their rod ended panhard bar. As long as BMR is using a high quality heim (ie, three piece with a Teflon liner and premium steel) you shouldn't have a NVH issue. You will notice an increase in noise if you use an upper arm with a spherical bearing on it though.

The rod ends are three piece with a Teflon liner, so I believe that I'm doin good there. I drove the car today and did notice some noise when I hit some unexpected "winter holes" in the road. Mostly on the drivers side as the obstacles where primarily on this side of the lane. I gotta save some pennies to get the upper arm so I'm still running stock there.

This weekend I will put the car up on four blocks and check the pinion angle. If I'm not mistaken these cars like to be within the 2 degree area, correct. Meaning that the difference in the two angles needs to be within +\- 2 deg of each other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Eviltwins344

Creepy Lurker
Established Member
Informative thread Evil. When it warms up some you'll notice the car stays much flatter on acceleration. Feels tighter all the way around. I squared my rear by measuring from the lower rockers vs the tire. I see your LCA is in the middle hole, can't remember which mine is. Car is in bodyshop now. The front splitter will rub some but usually just the lower 2 sharp points on the front, not that big of a deal if you be careful.

I can say that even in the cold I can feel that there is not as much squat when leaving a stop and also when accelerating (lightly) thru a corner.

I'm seeing about 2 3/8" from the rocker to the front of the tire. I used the top of the side skirt as a flat spot to lay the tape.

In regards to the front splitter, I am super aware of the road topography and since the car isn't my daily driver the chances of wacking it on something is decreased. Just gotta keep my eyes peeled for unexpected obstacles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Users who are viewing this thread