We'll the Strange Shocks and Struts are Shot

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
Well the Strange Shocks and Struts are Shot

Damn things didn't last me an entire year. I know both the shocks are gone for sure and I think the front right strut. Every little bump feels like a pot hole. :nonono: So and I am looking to get some Bilsteins. I found these and thought this was a hell of a deal. As anyone got them from here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILSTEIN-SHOCKS-STRUTS-MUSTANG-94-04-FREE-SHIPPING_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ7996378129QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

I am also tempted to get these as well. I am not sure though. What do you guys think? Should I get these or wait and get some Power Slot rotors.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mustang-Cobra-Brembo-Brake-Rotors-X-S-F-R-94-04-FREE-SH_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33564QQitemZ7995350513QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Last edited:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
Id pass on the bilsteins, and get KYB intead. It will save you over $200. OH, and definitely get the brembos. For $269, you cant pass it up!

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
I know you want the slotted/drilled rotors, but if the Cobra's your daily driver then you may want to get the solid rotors. They'll eat your pads like a cheese grater!!!!

...and if you can afford the shocks/struts then get them. Or get some Koni Specials...that's what I'm planning on getting I hope. :thumbsup:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
ive got drilled and slotted on my cobra, and its a DD. Ive driven about 3k miles on them and the pads are still as thick as the day they were put on.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
I am really leaning towards the Bilsteins. I hear nothing but praise for them.

monkeyspunk79

A Van Down by the River.
Established Member
I swore you JUST got those Strange units. That's too bad they're junky.

Bilsteins are the blizkrieg! Or the bomb. Or whatever.

URDONE

Be Easy
Established Member
monkeyspunk79 said:
I swore you JUST got those Strange units. That's too bad they're junky.

Damn things are trash. I figured I'd get them 1) Because they were like $375 for all four. 2) Strange is located here in Chicago, so I just went and picked them up 3) And the few people that I talked to that did have them loved them. I didn't realize the crappy warranty they had until now. Bilsteins have a life time warranty. Can't beat that.

fatboyq

Established Member
Bilstein > KYB, and any other strut/shock on the market.
All the road racing guys use them as well as SCCA members which include Porsche and the like.

Best deals now are the 03 take off Bilsteins or the take off Tokico from Mach 1s and Bullit mustangs. Try to get those if you can.

The bullitt shock/strut combo is pretty good as well from what I hear. Im thinking this winter, Ill get my parents to buy me some shocks/struts, bilsteins/tokicos are my first 2 choices. Btw, does anyone have the part numbers for the bilsteins/tokicos for our cars?

Last edited:
URDONE said:
I don't know if the Bullit package is a good idea for a 2 inch drop.

Haha true, Im at stock ride height and wont be lowering anytime soon, I just want a smoother ride because every little thing I hit, feels like a damn pothole :cuss:

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
My old Bilsteins with Eibach Pro Kit rode almost as well as it did stock but handled 10x better. :thumbsup:
monkeyspunk79 said:
blitzkrieg is the "lightning war", fast war in WWII
bombe is German for bomb :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread