Well the mustang is up for sale :(

04Torchvert

Established Member
No not the cobra!! I am selling my old project mustang. I built the motor from a DSS 306 pro bullet with a vortech supercharger and everything. Well only got about 1500 miles on the mustang before it caught fire when the fuel line became disconnected. The damage was really only in the engine bay which I gutted and started to put back together. Well the car just sits at my parents house and then the straw that broke the camel's back when a large branch came down and broke the front windshield and dented the fender and roof. It just sits and collects dirt. I am selling the DSS 306 pro bullet seperate because it is in perfect shape with only 1500 miles. The fire was only on top of the intake manifold. Im selling the car for $500. :whine:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
That sucks man...sorry to see the project go. I don't need another 5.0 right now, but I'll ask around to see if anyone else wants a rolling chassie. Other than the windshield/fender/motor, what else will it need? What kinda trans is in it? Seats? Etc....gimmie some details. I *might* get it anyway to take some of the parts off of it, swap some parts on it from my car and give it to Ben to build a motor for..

04Torchvert

Established Member
It has the T5 in it but it has like 150k miles on it. The seats are Corbeau but need to be cleaned......shit the whole car needs to be cleaned. The computer harnesses and most of the motor is gone. It has a h-pipe on it with flowmasters.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
What year? What's left of the current motor? I have most of my stock stuff(cam, heads, intake, etc) so I could probably assemble 90% of it from what I have around the house if it's a shortblock.

A few months ago, I could have gotten you a spare fender for that cheep as crap, not the windshield though. How much of the interior have you replaced? Or did you just re-die it black? Any suspension work? What size are the headers? Gears?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Looks like a perfect "Donor" car for my FactoryFive CObra kit!.......Just a little soon though. That's a year 2010 project.

Good luck with the sale Rob

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
booricua said:
What year is it i might need a project for my son

I can tell you it's a 90 or newer, but I don't know anything after that.

Just from looking at the photos I can tell you that you'll need a minimum of:
Windshield
Fender
Cowl Cover
Heads
Lifters (I'm sure the ones in it are bad)
(probably a complete short block rebuild too)
RR's
Intake
Injectors
Maf
Fuel Rails
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Vaccum Tree
Vaccum Lines
Wireing Harness
Throttle Body
Alternator
P/S Pump
Smog Pump?
Gasket Set
Radiator
Fan
Hoses/Belts
Battery/associated wireing
Radio
Distributor
Spark Plugs/Wires
And that's just off of the Cuff, I'm sure it needs more than that.

So that's an extensive project you'd have ahead of you there. I'm still considering the idea though....my wife wants me to get her a 5.0 project as a toy. I have alot of the above parts lying around at the moment, but I really don't have the time to put that thing together right now. If you do decide to get it, and you want a headstart on parts, let me know, I'll be willing to work out a good deal for alot of the stuff, I have the stock heads(ported), intake(lower only, someone bought the upper from me a while ago), rr's, and alot of other misc stuff that you'll definatly need.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
For anyone here that's interested, I can get you two front fenders and a stock hood for 25 bucks. I think the fenders are black and the hood is red, but all are in good shape.

04Torchvert

Established Member
It is a 91 LX with Saleen body kit. O it would be the complete engine that would be needed no doubt but the most expensive part is the short block. The DSS 306 Pro-Bullet with Pro-Lite Forged Low Compression (For Boost) Pistons and main support girdle was $2150 new and that didn't include their $300 Shipping!!! The short block is brand new and was still in break in phase. I am selling that for $1000.

Users who are viewing this thread