well. screwed the tranny up

sprayed150

magical turning mustang
Established Member
so i blew my clutch a few months back, threa an exedy in it. took it easy for a while. went to race a friend. first time i hit the bottle since the install and bang. tranny locks in 2nd under fast shifts. i have to baby the thing so bad to keep it from doing it. its only 2-3 shift. think the synros are done.

going to pull the tranny apart and rebuild it. anyone know where to get a rebuild kit?

rj333

Graduating Sooner or Late
Established Member
Maybe I have my facts wrong, but I think I remember reading that the factory shifter does this for some reason. Some people have solved this problem with a new shifter. I have read a few complaints about the shifter getting lost and then getting hung up on the 2-3 shift. Don't tear apart the trans yet until we get some others to chime in.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
FWIW, my tranny let go at 800miles on my 08GTCS. Ford replaced the whole thing.

It was the 2-3 synchos that were bad. The gears themselves were all messed up too.

rj333

Graduating Sooner or Late
Established Member
WTF!? These things have the shit beat out of them in the commercials:cuss: screw that, go to another dealer.

=fast=

Established Member
the same thing happen to me i mess up 2nd gear i took to some guy but he havent get it right this is gona be the third time fixing it. dont know what to do.

Users who are viewing this thread