well its here finaly...

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
picked up the PI motor, it looks ok, going to pull the valve covers and intake off tonight to paint the covers and get it ready to swap the fuel lines and stuff. cant wait to get it going.

Next sunday the 8th of sept im inviting everyone and anyone over to do some work on it, if your interested in stopping by let me know and i can get you directions and stuff.

hopefully ill have it ready to go, but ill see.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
well upper and lower intake are off, fuel rails, injectors are off, all the wiring is off. getting a fuel line to rail tool to take off the fuel lines on the car later tonight ill pull the lines off tomorrow. looking good sofar. wow ive done more work on this project tonight than i have in the previous 3 months.

Tydlwavs

Parts God
Established Member
Old motor...

Keep that old motor all together. I may buy the heads off you or some of the front bolt on's. I'll stop by this weekend to take a look at that stuff. I need to make sure I have enough parts for when I build my motor. If your heads are still ok...I'll take the entire motor....I just need the heads and every bolt for the front cover and things like that....e-mail me when you get a chance.

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
WTF are you doing to it besides the PI?? And how exactly did you blow her up? to much gogo juice?

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
stuff to be done before october1, Pi motor, stock stang/Markviii stall converter, SC seats, jerry trans, fuel pump, injectors, and dyno tune with N2O.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
ok other intake is mostly off, still havent gotten the tool to take the fuel lines off of the fuel rail. my friend forgot to bring it with him last night :( oh well, most of the wiring on the motor in the car is off, there is a few more things like disconnecting the exhaust (its one full piece from manifolds to tips right) took the radiator hoses off, nitrous lines are off, and the vent molding stuff is off, only thing now is to figure out how to get the damn hood off, see when i put the new hood on we cracked the hardened torks bit head in the screw. now figure that one out. i gotta get a dremal or something comprable to pull that thing off. uggg it should be worth it.

Blown306

Established Member
Vic,

For the fuel line tool, you can cut the end off a funnel that is about the same diameter as your smallest line and then slit it. Push it into the connector and pull them apart.

Or, go down to Autozone and spend the $10 for the kit...I've used mine more than once, it's worth the money to have it!

BTW, make sure your fuel pressure is relieved first ;-)

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
ok update time: got the fuel rails taken care of. well today we got the old one out and found out the problem (see the poll for the reason for all this) i painted the new intake and valve covers a nice ford blue, the look nice, ive decided to get a new tc so thats the project tomorrow to find a good deal on one.

other than that, next sunday the thing goes back in, if ya wanna stop by let me know and ill get ya directions to the house. we should be starting around 10-11 again, i do like to sleep a little.

Bigscott

Established Member
Is it going to look like my old N/A setup?

ebay1.jpg

-Scott

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
Originally posted by Bigscott
Is it going to look like my old N/A setup?
-Scott

umm no, im not going the rainbow color combo that you have there. just the lower intake, v-covers and the wire covers. later im going to have the upper intake and water neck polished and the alt smothed out alittle. mabey the radiator hose i might put the braded stuff on it, but i dunno.

oh and btw, when did you start posting over here?? nice to see ya.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
not going to go back in this weekend, a- its suppose to rain on sunday, b- flexplate bolts not here yet :( anyway, were going to try for next weekend, the 22nd of sept.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
well since it didnt go in over the weekend i took the day off. since then, oil pan/pickup tube swaped, manifolds off, almost everything ready to go. still no bolts or t/c but should be here soon. ive decided to do the Jmods to the trans while everything is out. doing it friday evening if anyone wants to come and hang out. cant wait, suff is kinda on hold right now til the parts get here.

anyone know where i can get Mercon V for cheep????

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
welp in amongst the rain drops this past week i managed to get the trans out, not hard just a pita with the rain. anyway, took the time this evening to do the "jmod" to the trans, found out something interesting, back a few years ago when i blew out 3rd gear (racing a 3rd gen TA) i had it fixed under warenty and they put the new 1-2 piston and spring in it. the 2-3 was all still the same original one. well i replaced it anyway, it had at least over 60k on it. trans mods went well, took about 3 hrs to do, did it slowly and carefully. tomorrow, the T/C and flexplate get bolted on and anyother misc stuff. gotta still grind the motor mounts but that isnt but a 10 min job. looking like it will actually go in on sunday!! wohh hoo!!

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
well i didnt do anything to the car yesterday, didnt feel like it, so today we worked on it for a little while, bolted in the tc, the trans to the block, manifolds, mounts are on, nothing big today, tomorrow it goes in.

side note, i was cleaning up a few bolts and decided id clean the water neck, wohh looks good, hmmm what would this aluminum polish do? hmm by the time i was done, i had polished the water neck and the intake, looks lot better than it did before but could still use a little more tlc, but for never polishing any aluminum before i think it looks ok. it should look good on the blue lower intake. if i ever get ambisous(sp) ill pull the front plate off and work on that. ha not anytime soon.

other side note, went to autozone today to get some locktight, as long as i was there i got oil, filter, trans fluid, tstat, hotwheel car, cowtail put everything on the counter, dude rings it all up, total is 49.xx hmm thats sounds cheep, oh well, pay and leave and in the car look at the reciept, hmm i was right, he didnt charge me for the case of MerconV cool [email protected] for nuthin!

Blown306

Established Member
Dude....SCORE! Gotta love when that happens! :beer:

Are you going to make it to Bloomington this weekend?

BTW - heard your Mom was on TV over the weekend...just don't know if I would want to be associated with that story! :shrug:

Werty

Established Member
On a similar note. I think Fudruckers paid me to eat there on sunday at the MWF meeting. I got home and could swear I had more money than when I left. It's like a Monopoly card: Cashier error in my favor.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
Originally posted by Werty
On a similar note. I think Fudruckers paid me to eat there on sunday at the MWF meeting. I got home and could swear I had more money than when I left. It's like a Monopoly card: Cashier error in my favor.

well that was just a bday present from fudruckers. hehe.

Jeff, Bloomington - im going no matter what, with or without the car. if mine isnt done yet, kevin is still taking his down there so ill just go with him.
tv- glad i wasnt home. thoes two clowns should be locked up for long time.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
hey guess what, i have a motor in my car again!!! it went in last night, but it wont be ready by the weekend, school tonight and again tomorrow afternoon/night. so looks like it will be done early next week.

VicRattlehead

NMRA M/M 7270
Established Member
hey guess what, i have a motor in my car again!!! it went in last night, but it wont be ready by the weekend, school tonight and again tomorrow afternoon/night. so looks like it will be done early next week.

Users who are viewing this thread