Well It is Official!

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Well Ladies and Gents...........My IRS is now Officially gone as of tonight and my Stingers are gone as of two days ago. I have a clean SRA that I am in the process of building with 4.56's, 31 spline...ya know the works. I am doing all the work myself and I am hoping she is done in a few weeks and we shall see what it does with bigs and littles! I have been waiting for this day to come. I still can't believe I am finally getting around to this after talking about it for almost 4 years :rollseyes I will keep you all posted and have pictures :rockon:

IRS_zpsba802215.jpg

Last edited:

Hurrycanestang

Established Member
Same here, hate to see another traitor ;-) but still excited for ya, I had a good look underneath my car on a lift today and saw my pumpkin was leaking pretty bad, but it has too much work and money dropped into it to swap it out for a SRA. I guess I need to replace the gasket, might swap my 4.56's out for some 3.73's while I'm at it....In for pics!

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I love getting these IRS setups and putting them in Notch's

Good luck on your SRA build

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Sweet tell him I have 410 gears in mine if he wants to swap center sections

Mine already had 4.10's and he is going to pull them out and put in the 3.55's that came out of my Solid that I am sticking 4.56's in. I will be getting my 4.10's back to sell :D

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Congrats! Sad to see an IRS go, but whatever puts that big ass grin on your face. :D

Agree...I love my IRS with a FTBR upgrade.....Feel like the guys that go SRA quit early on their IRSs but obviously OP can do whatever he wants with his ride...

SVTORANGE

Established Member
Mine already had 4.10's and he is going to pull them out and put in the 3.55's that came out of my Solid that I am sticking 4.56's in. I will be getting my 4.10's back to sell :D

Sweet hopefully i can find someone to swap with me as well

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Agree...I love my IRS with a FTBR upgrade.....Feel like the guys that go SRA quit early on their IRSs but obviously OP can do whatever he wants with his ride...

I agree and I wanted to stay IRS but I couldn't justify shelling out that much money to build my IRS. I sold my IRS for $700 and my Catback for $480, bought a complete SRA for $100. I spent $1300 all together to make it bullet proof for what I need. I am drag racing and the IRS just won't hold up. I ran it for 5 years and I am done with it.

SVTORANGE

Established Member
I agree and I wanted to stay IRS but I couldn't justify shelling out that much money to build my IRS. I sold my IRS for $700 and my Catback for $480, bought a complete SRA for $100. I spent $1300 all together to make it bullet proof for what I need. I am drag racing and the IRS just won't hold up. I ran it for 5 years and I am done with it.

No doubt it can get costly.

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Well I am waiting on my Bud to weld up the Axel tubes so I can get put my rear together. Looks like I will be installing my Torque box reinforcement plates and my Drive shaft loop since I need to install those anyways while I am waiting on him. I am lucky enough to have a welder from work coming over next Saturday to weld up my torque boxes and Drive shaft loop :D

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Welcome to the dark side. :banana:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Welcome to the dark side. :banana:

:coolman:

I feel all SRA converters should secede from the New Edge forum and join the SN95 fellers....

I kind of am since I am using a 98 Rear for the narrower rear. In all reality that isn't true that we should join the SN95 guys since all the GT's and the Mach 1's are all SRA as well :p

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
Finally got my axel tubes welded up and the SRA Brace welded up. This weekend I will be having all the interior stuff welded up, mostly torque boxes, and then it is a full head of steam. I am getting excited about this!

Users who are viewing this thread