Well, it finally happened...

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
My truck got broken into last night while I was at Hooters:fm:. For the local guys, heed this warning, I was out at bike night and inside Hooters on University and Hollywood Blvd for less than an hour when I got a call from another friend who was outside saying there is a cop and a crime scene van parked by my truck. So I go outside (almost forgot to pay the bill lol) to find BOTH door locks punched in and my $1200 head unit gone. For whatever reason they left my ipod and radar detector but ripped open the glove box and center console and threw shit everywhere.

A friend, and another svtp members cobra also got broken into. Fortunately they didn't get anything from his car, in fact, they left his predator tuner laying on the passenger seat.

What really pisses me off is the fact that someone witnessed the guy breaking into cars and called the cops right away, but the 3 or so cops that sit around hooters took too long to respond. The witness got a description of the guy as well as a tag number, but the tag number did not match the description of the car, so the cops didn't want to really do much (but I don't blame them, I probably wouldn't want to pursue a dangerous criminal over some stupid stereos either).

Whats really weird, but relieving, is the fact that I decided to take my gun out of the center console at the last minute, which I usually don't do if I'm going to a bar just to avoid any possible hassle. So now I'm left with 2 punched out locks, a missing stereo, and my driver side window not working:bash:.

low03tb

THUNDER UP!
Established Member
Sorry to hear that man! It's getting stupid that people can't just work for their money, they have to steal someone else's shit to get their "fix"! They'll get what's coming to them shortly though..I believe in that strongly. None of my stuff has got stolen yet (knock on wood) but i'd be out like 3 grand so i'd be just as mad!

- Do you not have an alarm?? Most of those people will just cut the alarm but that's why you get a backup battery and place it in a very hidden place

iTz JoHN

Established Member
man that sucks. I never go to that hooters due to the fact of people braking in to peoples s***.sorry to hear that.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Yea I knew it was a problem, but a bunch of my friends have bikes and they really wanted to stop by hooters for a bit. Oh well, I guess I'll be avoiding that area indefinitely.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
so the cops didn't want to really do much (but I don't blame them, I probably wouldn't want to pursue a dangerous criminal over some stupid stereos either).

Um...isn't that kinda their job? I would be pretty pissed if the cops didn't want to follow professional thieves in a car with stolen tags just because they might be "dangerous."

stangmanfive0

Neighborhood Jugernaught
Established Member
that is why i pack heat every where i go you steal from me your gonna have lots of my little friends come at you faster than the speed of sound

INFAMOU$

The Infamous Project
Established Member
Sorry to hear man.. could have been worse.. do you have the keypad on your door handle? If not.. time to upgrade LOL

wigginwilly00

Another day in Paradise
Established Member
Sorry to hear that man. I know exactly how you feel because it happened to me two times while living in Houston and two times here in Austin. Nowadays it's better to leave the stocker in because they will tear your ride up even for $70 Kraco.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
check your local craigslist / paper for your stuff... if you find an ad that lists your stuff and your friends' stuff, show up at their place with a metal baseball bat.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Sorry to hear man.. could have been worse.. do you have the keypad on your door handle? If not.. time to upgrade LOL

Yea I have a keypad, but they shoved a screwdriver in the key hole and got in that way. That may be a better than busting the window though.

check your local craigslist / paper for your stuff... if you find an ad that lists your stuff and your friends' stuff, show up at their place with a metal baseball bat.

Yea I've been doing that, I gave the cops the serial # so if someone tries to sell it to a pawn shop, they are supposed to report it. But most likely they will just sell it at the local swap shop.

blownsvtlightning

Established Member
Yea I have a keypad, but they shoved a screwdriver in the key hole and got in that way. That may be a better than busting the window though.

Yea I've been doing that, I gave the cops the serial # so if someone tries to sell it to a pawn shop, they are supposed to report it. But most likely they will just sell it at the local swap shop.

to fix your truck you are going to need to build and install a lock cylinder and maybe an outer handle.

joeason1010

Banned
Dude that's why when I go out to eat anywhere I try and sit where I can see my truck in the parking lot but hey sorry to hear this man

Jroc

Established Member
Op I'm not trying to hate so please don't take this the wrong way, but this is exactly why I no longer put aftermarket head units in my cars. Seriously people will still a base model F150 or V6 Mustang before they will a L or a Cobra if the base model vehicles have an aftermarket head unit. I've seen several cases of where cars that aren't anything special at all get stolen soley because of the head unit in it.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't run a aftermarket head unit if you want to, and its BS that people do that stuff, but it is the way it is.

Sorry that this happened to you BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread