Well, I'm back with the parents for 3 weeks.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Damn. I've only been living with my parents for two full days and I'm already tired of it. My roommate and I's lease ended the 10th of this month and our next one doesn't start until the 2nd of January so we both have to live with our parents for a few weeks. After that though, we're loading up a U-haul and taking our asses down to Austin to finish up school over the next few years.

I forgot how much better it is NOT living with the 'rents. My dad actually came up to me last night at 10:00pm and said that I should be thinking about going to sleep b/c it was getting late. I'm 21 for cryin' out loud. I didn't have to be up until 7:30 this morning and he wants me to go to sleep at 10? F#ck that sh!t. I stayed up until 12:30 talking to my friend (girl) on the phone.

The only good thing so far about living with them is they've covered all my christmas shopping so far. Also a good home-cooked meal is nice. I need to learn to cook. Three more weeks! I hope they don't expect me to hang out with them on New Years. :mj:

Canoodler

I hate speedbumps
Established Member
lol yeah moving back home with the rents does suck. Nothing you can do but stick it out. :beer:

UCBeau

i had to do that, ****in hate it too. i feel your pain. if only my roommate hadn't gotten a good job back east :(

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Well i am 24 and my parents give me the same shit. I have to be reminded that i have to get up for work so i better go to bed early....WTF?!?! Ive only been working full time for 2 years...

Mport_KLR

just a gt;)
Established Member
hey poopnut i finally saw the SNL sketch that your avatar came from. it was frickin hilarious.

Smokey1226

Dirrty North
Established Member
mjzilinski said:
I know how you feel, I'm still living at home @21, it drives me nuts. I'm gonna move out in about a yr.
ya well as much as you hate it, think of the money you are saveing! That mystic probably wouldnt of came easy (not saying it is now) but if you didnt have your rents i would have to bet you wouldnt have it.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Oh, and just wait until you pay your first $3000 mortgage payment. I'll dial 911 for you ahead of time.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
ya well as much as you hate it, think of the money you are saveing! That mystic probably wouldnt of came easy (not saying it is now) but if you didnt have your rents i would have to bet you wouldnt have it.

Yeah. Finances are definately easier but the amount of freedom and pride that comes with living on your own is awesome.

mjzilinski

Kenne Bell
Established Member
Smokey1226 said:
Yeah, thats a big part of it, plus I only live 20 minutes from school so I figure whats the point of moving out.

poopnut2

Lifelong Vagetarian
Established Member
05 Roush said:
And you're complaining about free room and board??? :poke:

William Wallace accent: "You may take my booze, my freedom, and my fun. But you will never take away my FREE....ahh dammit. I suppose you did take that away."

Steeltwo

Established Member
after I graduated and my internship was up. I lived at home for 3 weeks.

it wasn't all that bad. My parents let me do my thing for the most part.
but it is odd being able to do whatever you want, when you want too

then all of a sudden having to live by a (now less strict than before,but still there) set of rules.

SQ Stang

I'm an SIT WOO WOO
Established Member
Luckily I don't have that problem, since I live on campus. Once I graduate, it will be just a few months living at home till my Mom moves out and I get the house, and just pay her for it over time. :banana: I'll graduate either next summer or next December with taking 142hrs..before they cut some classes, and integrate some classes with others for then only a total of 120hrs. :mj: Pisses me off that I have to be here for at least 3-9 more months taking all these extra classes, when I could be in a house by myself paying for everything on my own. :cuss:

Plus to get away from roommate drama.

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
poopnut2 said:
William Wallace accent: "You may take my booze, my freedom, and my fun. But you will never take away my FREE....ahh dammit. I suppose you did take that away."

:lol1: :lol1:

Well, it may be free, but it is annoying, especially when you want to take a beautiful woman back to your hom..err..apart...err... nevermind.

WhiteTxMach

Established Member
poopnut2 said:
I hate clubs. I'm really laid back....way too much so for clubs.

Send me a pm when you get into town man, my friends and I are very laid back as well, your more than welcome to come hang out sometime if you dont know many people here.

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
fo show me and whitetxmach will take you racing if you want to. or just out drinking or whatever.

i am staying with the parents right now. it is free and they are cool as hell and let me do as i please. hell they even drink with me and my friends.guess i am lucky.

1Day-ACobra

I'm workin on it
Established Member
I can't make the same claim about my adoptive mother, who is actually my dad's cousin. Here's an accomplished, British doctor raised by uptight parents, and yet she is one of the most liberal, most personable, most entertaining women I've ever met. Seriously, hanging out with her is like being with one of my college girlfriends. I drink some beer, she downs some wine, we argue about American values (I'm a little bit more conservative in that respect and happen to support the war in Iraq), make fun of some people, cuss a lot, talk about what electronics we're going to get each other for the holidays (she's as much of a technophile as I). She even plays poker with me and my friends. Not something you'd expect out of a person who graduated from Cambridge and got her medical degree from Oxford.

And her son, whom is in essence my brother (the three of us have been together since the mid 90s) is just as much of a character. I've never met a more brash, entertaining kid in my life. We really are all very much alike.

As for curfews and bedtimes: my mom just doesn't subscribe to that shit. She's always made it clear that if I abuse my priviliges I'll end up paying for them at some point, and that's been enough to keep me in check.

Same thing with bringing girls over. I've had a steady girlfriend for 2 years and she and my mom are in LOVE with each other.

In fact, my mom is constantly talking about how well dressed and beautiful my girlfriend is. Likewise, my girlfriend always says "Lucy is really hot for a 44 year old, if I was going to dyke out with an older woman and I wanted someone with experience it'd be her"........yea....and then..over thanksgiving break I came in after running some pre-dinner errands..they were supposed to be cooking...and my girlfriend rushed out into the kitchen when she heard the door opening and was like fixing her hair and pulling her skirt down and stuff....and she and my mom were the only ones home.............

............wait a minute, WHAT THE ****?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread