Well..I went ahead and put the SFPHQ 2.80 DUB Pulley on

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
Terry from www.SouthFloridaPulleyHQ.com hooked me up with another Dial Ur Boost setup like on my first 03 Cobra...and I got it yesterday and installed it last night.....man what a bear it was getting the ASP pulley off! But I won..and it came off and put on the interchangeable hub from Terry.....slapped on the 2.80 non slip pulley. Man..I love that setup!

Hooked up my SuperChips Tuner and unloaded the 2.93 tune and put in the 2.80 tune I had in there from www.TeamJDM.com. The SuperChips Tuner works so nice and easy. From start to finish(taking 2.93 press on pulley off too finished SCT tuning) took no more than 45 minutes.

Now to get my car dyno tuned at JDM again.

The one thing I notice about going from the 2.93 to the 2.80 is how fast boost picks up and the awesome initial power down low into the mid rpms....up top(upper rpms), its about the same as the 2.93. I like having that extra power for the street from 3,000 rpms up. When having the little street battles or taking people for rides ...its a blast to feel tha power and torque from 3,000 rpms on....especially in 3rd gear :beer:

trey193

Established Member
Def. nothing less than a 2.80 on these cars, good move Harry!!! :rockon:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
Thanks Trey...I am breaking the engine in slowly...you know...2.93 to 2.80..to apten...to 2.4 Kennebell :D

Just had her out before....God I love the 2.80! Now I know why I had that on my first 03 Cobra to begin with. It is that much more fun!

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
Does the Dial Ur Boost set up come with idlers, because I didn't see it on their website. If you aren't running idlers, do you have any belt slip?

fubu795

Banned
DUB system is very nice, just helped Anthony install his the other night. We have it down to a science, start to finish was 7 minutes.... :beer:

Can't wait till you get the KB 2.4!

HotRodHarry

Established Member
The DUB non slip pulley setup I have from SFPHQ also has 2 100mm idlers on it too. With that setup..it works awesome and yes..SFP sells the idlers too. Like was said...its an easy install and worth with the Eaton and good tune.

That 2.4 sure is taking awhile...hopfully sooner than later.

dougwg

Established Member
lafave said:
Does the Dial Ur Boost set up come with idlers, because I didn't see it on their website. If you aren't running idlers, do you have any belt slip?

The Dial Ur Boost set up does not come with idlers but you can purchase them seperately

This is from the SFPHQ website

"2.80" Non-Slip DUB System $143.95 shipped"
"Billet Idler Pulley Bracket and 100mm Billet Aluminum Pulley $179.95 shipped"

and then if you would like to complete the package, you can purchase the other 3 idlers "Billet Aluminum 100mm Idler Pulley $74.95 shipped" each

So:

--------
$548.75 Total SHIPPED! :rockon:

Hope this helps

lafave

Cop didn't see it....
Established Member
dougwg said:
The Dial Ur Boost set up does not come with idlers but you can purchase them seperately

This is from the SFPHQ website

"2.80" Non-Slip DUB System $143.95 shipped"
"Billet Idler Pulley Bracket and 100mm Billet Aluminum Pulley $179.95 shipped"

and then if you would like to complete the package, you can purchase the other 3 idlers "Billet Aluminum 100mm Idler Pulley $74.95 shipped" each

So:

--------
$548.75 Total SHIPPED! :rockon:

Hope this helps

Doug - Isn't this your competition? :shrug:

HotRodHarry

Established Member
LOL....I think Doug did that in a stylish sort of way.

If one understands..they will get the point.....and if one doesnt...then they will just think Doug is just trying to be nice and help SFP :coolman:

Both companys do have package deals I am sure.

Last edited:

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
HotRodHarry said:
LOL....I think Doug did that in a stylish sort of way.

If one understands..they will get the point.....and if one doesnt...then they will just think Doug is just trying to be nice and help SFP :coolman:

Both companys do have package deals I am sure.

LOL! Hmmmm. what does BilletFlow charge for a similar package? :-D

Harry, it looks like the mod bug has got you again. :)

HotRodHarry

Established Member
flyn high again said:
Harry, it looks like the mod bug has got you again. :)

I know man...its so freakin addictive..as I know from my past. The KB is taking awhile to aquire though..so in the mean time..I have bought some other toys to play with... a 1983 Hurst Olds and a 1969 Olds 442. Pics are on my www.HotRodHarrys.com website.

So hopfully the Mager Modding on the 03 Cobra begins soon..or else I am going hunting for another toy :banana:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
good job man... i have had mine on and off since i got the car... had the 3.2 then the 2.8, then the stock, now the 2.8 again... i love SFPH :bowdown:

BoneCrusher

Established Member
Nice Harry. I'm eagerly awaiting my 2.76 and 4 idler setup from Doug and then for the weather to break. Can you believe I've been driving mine with the stock pulley for 2 1/2 years. Post up the dyno numbers when you get back from JDM.

HotRodHarry

Established Member
BoneCrusher said:
Nice Harry. I'm eagerly awaiting my 2.76 and 4 idler setup from Doug and then for the weather to break. Can you believe I've been driving mine with the stock pulley for 2 1/2 years. Post up the dyno numbers when you get back from JDM.

Thanks buddy..and Wow!! 2 1/2 years! I cant even keep a car that long :-D

You are going to love the 2.76. Just make sure the tune is a good one buddy.

dougwg

Established Member
flyn high again said:
LOL! Hmmmm. what does BilletFlow charge for a similar package? :-D

well.... seeing that YOU asked!... :lol1: ;-)

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
Harry, I am joining your family, GREAT Website! That 83 olds reminds me of the 79 Calais I drove for years. 305 4bl. Great car!

Users who are viewing this thread