Well, I signed on the dotted line.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
On March 31st I took my oath and signed the contract with the Air Force reserve. I still haven't been told my ship date but they said sometime towards the end of summer. I've already been called to do my interviews for my clearance.

I'm just ready to get to basic and then on to tech school.
:beer:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Thanks man.
Yeah, I went from 228 to 183 today over the last 5 months. Been eating good, running 4days a week, and lifting 3. I'm 25 so I'm going to be a grandpa going in. lol

bnd3672

Established Member
Congratulations!

How did the interviews go? I'm curious, as I'll be doing some shortly.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Thanks man. :beer:

The lady is coming by Tuesday for my interview. They've talked to a couple people that I had to list.

I'll pm you when I'm done.

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Thanks man.
Anyone have any tips besides listen, follow directions, and don't cry? lol

R1der

SVT Vet
Established Member
Thanks man.
Yeah, I went from 228 to 183 today over the last 5 months. Been eating good, running 4days a week, and lifting 3. I'm 25 so I'm going to be a grandpa going in. lol

Honestly dude I see alot of guys around 25 just joining ....now if you were 40 yeah you would be the grandpa.

THE_STIG

Established Member
Few tips:

Pay attention to detail (it is pretty much the number one thing they beat into your head)
DO NOT MOVE AT THE POSITION OF ATTENTION (can't stress that one enough)
Know your memory work (you'll find out about that)
Move with a sense of urgency (don't walk slowly, speed walk)

Do that and you'll be fine, its really not that bad

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Honestly dude I see alot of guys around 25 just joining ....now if you were 40 yeah you would be the grandpa.

I hear ya. I just wonder how I'll deal with the 18 year olds. I'm guessing I'll be so busy I won't notice.

Last edited:

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
Few tips:

Pay attention to detail (it is pretty much the number one thing they beat into your head)
DO NOT MOVE AT THE POSITION OF ATTENTION (can't stress that one enough)
Know your memory work (you'll find out about that)
Move with a sense of urgency (don't walk slowly, speed walk)

Do that and you'll be fine, its really not that bad

Cool, thanks. I'm kind of dreading trying not to laugh at some of the TI's remarks.

03cobraracer

Established Member
thats awsome man congrats! im in the same boat as you im 26 and im trying to enlist as well but im going for active. i was 230lbs a month and a half ago and im 218 now i had trouble at first losing the weight but now im dropping everyday. once i get down to 190ish i can really get this going full steam. i cant wait to go and get training done as well. do they always send you for your clearance stuff before you go to training?

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
thats awsome man congrats! im in the same boat as you im 26 and im trying to enlist as well but im going for active. i was 230lbs a month and a half ago and im 218 now i had trouble at first losing the weight but now im dropping everyday. once i get down to 190ish i can really get this going full steam. i cant wait to go and get training done as well. do they always send you for your clearance stuff before you go to training?

That's great man. Once I had the motivation it was easy to drop the pounds.

I'm not sure. They might do that now because there is such a long wait from the time you enlist till the time you actually ship off to basic. I know with my job I wouldn't even be able to go to tech school until my clearance is done. They'd rather start it now than have me waiting for a few months while they check my past.

Users who are viewing this thread