Well I have another exhaust question...

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
First off I need to know what is the diameter of exhaust is going into the muffer and out. And second what do you guys think of these mufflers- http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=266413&prmenbr=361 (would this work on our trucks?)

or this- http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1364&prmenbr=361

Which would you guys pick.

Lastely would it be possible to just use an exhaust clamp or is it absolutely necessary to have them welded together? Thanks!! :burnout:

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
not trying to leave you hanging, but i don't have mine any more so i can't really help you. i can measure the pipe where i cut it off about a foot past the big flange where the mfflers bolted up if you want.

Lightning Kid

Lightning Addict
Established Member
^ that would be very helpfull, Im pretty sure its 2" into the muffler and 2 1/2" out, but I tried crawling under the truck to get a measurement but it looked to me like it was the opposite of what I thought.

roostracing

Established Member
why not get a magnaflow (built in x in the muffler) with a 2.5 dual inlet and dual outlet? It will work better and you can dual it out too.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
i haven't forgotten about you. just been busy. i'll have those measurements for you tomorrow a..m.

ezernut9mm

CHAINED BLUE LIGHTNING!
Established Member
it tis 2.5 o/d. this from about ten inches from the flange. about a foot in front of where the muffler was.

roostracing

Established Member
actually this one....

www.magnaflow.com

(part # 14379 if you like loud or 14468 if you want it quiet)

these are stainless steel mufflers....your part # is for aluminized...both are awesome just that the stainless will last FOREVER!

Litening 94

Established Member
I just installed Bassani Headers and they are great . worth the money . took me about 1 hour to install , and they alot better than the stock ones . I also modified the h-pipe took all 4 cats off and replaced them with 2 (9000 series) high flow cats, then made a custom dual in and dual out (40 series) flowmaster , 2 1/2" to 3" ss tail pipes exiting before the rear wheels. awsome sound (not to loud not to Quiet) also has good back pressure and passed emissions with flying colors. Can feel a difference off the line and on the highway with the Pedal to the metal. Take a look at some of the pics

http://home.comcast.net/~dbrv6/truck.html

Users who are viewing this thread