Well I finally picked up a 93 Cobra, a few ?s

carguy19

Established Member
svtdriven said:
In my humble opinion, I think the Mac exhaust sounds much better than the bassani stuff. but the h-pipe doesn't make that big a difference in sound. the bassani mufflers are okay at idle, but sound like hollow cans while accelerating.

I'm runnig BBK shorties with a mac h-pipe w/ cats(not an easy fit) with some flowmasters on the ends.

my 93 Idling

Im not trying to debate you but there is a huge difference in sound with an off road pipe and a catted H or X pipe.

The off roads are MUCH louder. I had both on my car. `

ihatemyhonda

Established Member
I'll have some pics up of it very soon, but for a Christmas gift my wife gave me the OK to go ahead and get it painted like it needs. So I'm in the process of tearing it down now to get it over to the paint shop this weekend. Maybe you guys could help me as to how the side body moulding and window moulding is attached. I'm pretty damn good with an engine, but I've never really done anything body wise. Just trying to save a few bucks by disassembling what I can. This project is really coming together now and Im so fricking excited to get a fresh coat of paint on it and see how she'll look

svtdriven

Established Member
on the drip rail mouldings. just take the screw out from inside the door and slide the rail back, it comes right off. as for the front and hatch glass, be careful. I took a plastic wedge and slid it under the outside edge, and slowly pried them up. sometimes the inside edge was easier. just try to use a tool that won't scratch the glass or paint. some came right off and some were really difficult.

Aren't the side mouldings taped on?

Last edited:

ihatemyhonda

Established Member
Well I ordered a new set of Cobra Emblems for both the fenders and a rear Cobra emblem for the hatch. Is the Ford emblem on the passenger side rear supposed to be there? Also ordered my weatherstripping and next pay day Im goin to start ordering all new moulding. I was hoping to take it in this week to have it painted, but have decided to delay that until I have all of the stuff I want to return it to perfect condition. Gosh this is an expensive project lol

ihatemyhonda

Established Member
DSCN1053.jpg

DSCN1066.jpg

Last edited:

tunedin302

Runnin' with the devil
Established Member
ihatemyhonda said:
next pay day Im goin to start ordering all new moulding.

do you mean the door belt, roof rail moldings, etc? I replaced those with NOS ford and they get mighty expensive. Can always redo them too. :shrug:

ihatemyhonda

Established Member
Yeah all of those parts and they do get expensive very quickly, but I want my car restored to mint condition and the ones on there now have a mild bit of warping it seems, so I thought it'd be best to replace them.

Big Ben

stangsofsouthflorida.com
Established Member
He asked what sort of power it would put down with the mods he listed. It has a cam too. With that stuff it shouldn't have any problems puting down those numbers. Mine, with an offroad H-pipe and catback put down 229 on a mustang dyno. Camshafts really wake these things up on the top end where the hp is. And even though Ford rated these cars at 240 or whatever, they were very underrated, and more accurately make 260-270 at the motor.

Mine on motor makes 265rwhp / 301 tq with just shorties and a Pro-M.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Mine on motor makes 265rwhp / 301 tq with just shorties and a Pro-M.
Probably a dynojet right? Good numbers either way.

My 229hp was uncorrected on a mustang dyno (5000ft).

I just picked up another red '93, so I'm going to have it dyno'd as well. We'll see how it compares. It's stock except for a full exhaust system.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread