Well I did it, bought a Z06 :)

96cobrakid

Established Member
Well I did it. 2 days ago I went and picked up my new car. I bought a 2001 Speedway White Z06. There were only 352 white Z06's made. All stock for now. I have a set of BFG DR's Im going to throw on it soon. I ordered a ram air intake for it the other day too. This car is an absolute blast to drive!!! I promise Ill get pics later today :)

KduncSS

Ille qui nos omnes servab
Established Member
Awesome! I love White Z06's, def. a badass looking ride. A good buddy of mine sold his 02 a couple of years ago and kicks himself everyday. Enjoy it man.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
Congrats on the Z06 I love those cars. FYI the 01's if I remember right had a problem burning oil I dont know why but it was something that I heard over the years. You may want to check it out.

9646stang

NoviBlownMystic
Established Member
It was something to do with the heads. GM fixed it in 02 with better heads and that is were the extra 30hp came from.
Im not doging your car BTW just giving you a heads up.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Congrats man! I had a coworker that owned a C5 Z06 and it was an entirley different animal. Then she procharged it and I wet myself on the next ride. And I love white Vettes. Can't wait to see some pics! What mods are planned?

Edit: BTW, are you keeping the Cobra? Did you trade it in?

Last edited:

mystic1219

Established Member
Since buying my mystic in high school a few years ago, I have bleed ford blue and am as much into mustangs as anyone, but a mustang will never be the car a corvette is. I got to drive an 03 Z06 that was bone stock and I told myself I never wanted to drive the mustang again. Later, I got to drive the same car with a procharger as the only mod, making 580rwhp on a mild tune and it was unbelievable. those cars are amazing. congratulations

96cobrakid

Established Member
To answer the questions.

I am keeping the black 95 Cobra, Ill never sell that car. It is about 75% finished from after the accident. Should have it back next week.

I love the Z06 so far, I even got 30mpg on the way home from getting it. woot woot

I have the cobra paid for, so the z has plenty of room to keep both.

Plans include.
air intake, cam (unsure yet, possible the F14 high lift) LT headers, or x, pulley, tune, lowered, tinted and wheels.

intake, lowering and wheels will be done within a month or so. headers will be the next mod after those.

Users who are viewing this thread