well.. i bit the bullet and finally did it

EvasiveSVT

Banned
I've hear from a lot of guys , local stang buffs, that our stock engines can handle high 400/ low 500 all day long. I dunno what to make of that though. That is prob the only thing holding me back from going F/I.

blown01cobra

GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!
Established Member
EvasiveSVT said:
I've hear from a lot of guys , local stang buffs, that our stock engines can handle high 400/ low 500 all day long. I dunno what to make of that though. That is prob the only thing holding me back from going F/I.

All depends on the tune and supporting mods. If the tune is off it could cause the motor to go. I ran 14PSI (569rwhp and 483rwtq) on my D1sc setup for about 9 months with not one problem, but i have read about some people blowing the motor with only mid 400rwhp.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
That's going to depend on if the engine is tired, how good the tune is, how well heat is extracted from the cylinders etc.

On a turbo setup that isn't taking nearly as much power to run I could see making upper 400rwhp range pretty decently. Just need to make sure all ducks are in a row. Anything you can do to get heat out of the engine will help.

stangdude02

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
nice! i've lusted after a turbo kit for a while but am still leery of the smog police here in cali
Dude you can always find someone that will pass your car. Here in los angeles I knew a few places that will pass you for a small fee.

UCBeau

stangdude02 said:
Dude you can always find someone that will pass your car. Here in los angeles I knew a few places that will pass you for a small fee.
i'm not worried about that, i'm worried about being popped on the road by a cop and made to go to a referee station. those guys cannot be bought.

SVECobraR

Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
i'm not worried about that, i'm worried about being popped on the road by a cop and made to go to a referee station. those guys cannot be bought.

Thats true and the fine here in cali is huge!!!

bouncer18

Established Member
the kit is designed for your average street car.. it comes set at 8 psi.. with the supporting mods.

If you have a lead foot then your engine longetivity dimisnishes like anything else...

its about a week and a hald away.. he was waiting for his bassani piping shipment and then he would mail mine out.. if you order before may 18th you dont pay shipping btw...

ill be sure to let you all know how it goes since i am doing the install & tune myself

Hepcat007

Established Member
Awesome, I can't wait to hear your results.....You might want to also consider doing an Water/methanol injection kit to help fight detonation.

Users who are viewing this thread