Well ain't that friggen special...

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Yup its official someone ****ing hates me
Hit a nice spot of rain today on the way home.
Make a long story short the ass end came out from underneath me at next to dick for speed, the ass came around I clipped a curb and was facing on coming traffic in the median of mud....
As far as I can tell with a half ass flash light everything is fine out side of what you see. From what I can tell right now with the ass in the air is the axle is not bent (there is a bit of a "wave" when the wheel is spinning but variations in rubber can cause it), I will be pulling the wheel off tomorrow and checking the brake rotor for any kind of wobble, while driving her I dont notice or feel anything different in the rear end when driving, even the alignment seems ok. but tomorrow ill be finding out as best I can for sure. Also im gonna head to a body shop to figure the cost on the cab.
Luckily a damned good friend of mine will help out with the wheel...now I just gotta figure out a way to say "thanks".
Either way any estimates on repair cost on the cab?
also with the ding in the wheel its not leaking air so I should be safe to drive for the time being

cab1.jpg

cab2.jpg

wheel1.jpg

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
that sucks sorry to hear...thats one of the bad things with these trucks the back end is lite and likes to let loose

never had an issue before, in the area i was in i tend to drive damned slow. in this case i was doing 15-20mph but the city decided to "help" make the area better with rain...seems the puddle i hit was deep enough and angled just right.
Im ok, the truck is a bit dinged up but nothing major thus far so Im not too worried...just rather pissed off since I feel I could have avoided it, and since im moving to a new job soon money is damned tight...and i dont wanna claim this on my insurance (even tho I dont care, imnto selling her so value depreciation to someone else means dick to me)

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
check to make sure the axle is not bent.. sucks man, my truck has never seen rain, for that reason.. I see morons blow past me at 80- in a strom all the time, I slow to a crawl in my beater.

I slow to a crawl in rain and snow, I dont take chances at all when the weather is bad. but this was not expected, so im just kicking myself

jeffthagiraffe

Established Member
ive never had an issue before with it either but i hear about it happening all the time...ive been through pouring down ran with the nitto drag radials tons of times but you never know when your going to hit a slick spot or the right pot hole....glad your ok though

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
ive never had an issue before with it either but i hear about it happening all the time...ive been through pouring down ran with the nitto drag radials tons of times but you never know when your going to hit a slick spot or the right pot hole....glad your ok though

yeah in this case I seemed to just hit shit in just the right way.
and its now pouring outside...or at least the amount of thunder and lightning im seeing right now would indicate so....

2003svtf150

Sledge
Established Member
What tires where you running?

I put some M/T ET Streets on recently and there is no way in hell I'd drive in inclement weather with those.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I'm running nitto DR's as well and they do very well in the rain, even when they were bald. I think it has a lot to do with your front tires when it comes to expelling water. I have Hankook Ventus' and even though they are a cheap tire, they move water pretty good. What are you running in the front?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
I'm running nitto DR's as well and they do very well in the rain, even when they were bald. I think it has a lot to do with your front tires when it comes to expelling water. I have Hankook Ventus' and even though they are a cheap tire, they move water pretty good. What are you running in the front?

Hankook Ventus LOL

runs2rch

7 minutes!!!!
Established Member

I agree the Nitto dr's do work well in the rain. I never had a problem.

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
Sorry about your mishap Mike, hope the insurance company takes care of it all for you. :beer:

Allstate has always been good to us Bob, the family has been with em for over 40 years now. But shes already in the shop with pretty detailed instructions LOL

Users who are viewing this thread