Weldcraft, Boze and Dunlop 325 30 20

enormous

Established Member
I purchased a new pair of Dunlop Stort Maxx 325 30 20 from jdkres here on the forum . My 20" x 10" Boze's rims went hand delivered to James at Weldcraft to add 1.5" or 1 3/8" actual. I recieved them back in under two weeks and the new size was 11 3/8"....perfect!

I thank Lello and DutyCalls for their rim size assistance and Van for my front alignment specs. My front Boze rims were shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 255 35 20.

Out back I have no rubbing what so ever because of the proper backspacing on the boze rims to begin with. I did remove the shock boot and bumpstop bracket beforehand.

I am very pleased with the end result and ride. Here are some photos.

Picture017.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

enormous

Established Member
looks good! how do you like those tires???
They are very good in rain, comfortable and quiet but you can't compare them to Drag Radials, my torque still overwhelms them, grip is still better than the stock Goodyears. My driving style is performance street and I take many long roadtrips. My preference is having a good street tire when encountering rain on roadtrips. The Pilot Super Sports up front are most certainly the best dry/wet tire that I have ever used.

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
if you would have went with a 3 piece wheel you could have widened them by just swapping the inner hoops. could have saved some time and $. if you accidentally damage one of those rear wheels, you'll have to go through that all over again.

but looks good :beer:

enormous

Established Member
if you would have went with a 3 piece wheel you could have widened them by just swapping the inner hoops. could have saved some time and $. if you accidentally damage one of those rear wheels, you'll have to go through that all over again.

but looks good :beer:
Thanks Steve, I puchased the 4 Boze's second hand and had no choice regarding width..

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I purchased a new pair of Dunlop Stort Maxx 325 30 20 from jdkres here on the forum . My 20" x 10" Boze's rims went hand delivered to James at Weldcraft to add 1.5" or 1 3/8" actual. I recieved them back in under two weeks and the new size was 11 3/8"....perfect!

I thank Lello and DutyCalls for their rim size assistance and Van for my front alignment specs. My front Boze rims were shod with Michelin Pilot Super Sports in 255 35 20.

Out back I have no rubbing what so ever because of the proper backspacing on the boze rims to begin with. I did remove the shock boot and bumpstop bracket beforehand.

I am very pleased with the end result and ride. Here are some photos.

Picture017.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture026.jpg

Picture027.jpg

Picture002-1.jpg

Picture010.jpg

That set up looks Great and appears to fit very nicely.

What brand 1/4 window scoops are those? They are the most "true Shelby" looking window scoops that I have seen. They even appear to be functional as the originals were. Could you add a view looking at the scoops from the front/side of your car?

R

Last edited:

enormous

Established Member
Robert, those are Shadrach scoops which are hand made fiberglass that can be made to function as the Eleonor ones did. Expensive at $800/pr and need prep. The 1/4 glass requires removal and the Shadrachs are urathaned in.

I like them because of the same reason you do, as they closely resemble the originals, also, there are not many around either, kind of exclusive.

Here is a photo Robert
Picture198.jpg

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert, those are Shadrach scoops which are hand made fiberglass that can be made to function as the Eleonor ones did. Expensive at $800/pr and need prep. The 1/4 glass requires removal and the Shadrachs are urathaned in.

I like them because of the same reason you do, as they closely resemble the originals, also, there are not many around either, kind of exclusive.

Here is a photo Robert
Picture198.jpg

Thanks for the front side picture. If a person chooses to install them non-functional (as most all of these 2005-up window treatments are), is there panel to make the interior look "finished"? or do you have to make something for a full interior street car?

I also found these comparision pictures........original original Shelby vs. Shadrach.

Scoop20comparison.jpg

^^^^^Nice!! for a true 1967-1970 "Shelby look".

If you happen to come across a pair of these for sale, let me know.

Did they also make lower scoops?

R

Last edited:

enormous

Established Member
Robert, the Shadrachs came with stainless screen inserts for the inlet and exit. To utilize them, the opening and exit needed to be cutout and the screens urathaned in from underneith. You see the screens on the blue Shadrach scoop photo you posted.
My concern was windnoise/whistling and water. For example, if I washed and dryed my car but the screened scoop holds water only to released as you drive the car away.
My painter suggested a faux screen look and he did a fantastic job. People only notice the faux look if they touch it. I compliment him on the idea.
Inside, I simply cut a a thick black fleece fabric and used bit of 3M spray adhesive to finish it to the inside. Nothing fancy and it looks good from the inside.
No lower scoops.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Very cool, I'd like to get some 11" rims for mine, just can't bring myself to spend the $

Looks like steamrollers!

Users who are viewing this thread