Weld your exhaust or clamps? That is the question!

When installing an aftermarket exhaust it is better to:

• Weld the exhaust

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Clamp the exhaust

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

03DOHC

Established Member
When installing an aftermarket exhaust would you weld the pipes or use clamps to seal?

03DOHC

Established Member
Did you clamp yours because you did it yourself and didn't weld it because...or did you take it to a shop and they clamped it because...?

AUCobra

Established Member
Bassani states that the warranty is void if their product is welded together. The clamps that came with the kit work great. I installed it myself with no problem. I know how to weld, but there was no need to with the Bassani system.

StreetSnake

Established Member
Based on my 7 years of Cobra ownership I think anybody would have to be nuts to weld these things on, Based on how many times people change their minds about their exhaust, not to mention the undecided nature of local and state politicians about whether or not to incorporate inspections stations or not, I know in Floriduh that potato has bounced around a couple of times 2 times we have had inspections only to have them eliminated a few years later. :beer:

Z06_2002

www.HighSpeedDriving.com
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Did you clamp yours because you did it yourself and didn't weld it because...or did you take it to a shop and they clamped it because...?

I clamped it because I did it myself, I looked at the final installation and I really didn't see how I would benefit from the welds. Of course if there comes any reason for it to be welded I would take it down to a shop. It has been a few hundred miles I think I might back the car up on the Rhino ramps and check everything today.

:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread