Weld RTS back space question

BUCKET

Established Member
We all know that 15x10s is 7.5"

But what's the backspacing for 18x11s? 7.6"
And what would it be for 18x9s

Any one running this package on some welds?

CharlieR

Established Member
Nope, not running them but:
18x11 to sit(fender) where the 15x10's(20,19,18, 17, or 16 too :)) would require an 8" backspace. The 9" could do 7"(because I like 'em "tucked in" I'd do 7.25 if I could on a 9" but on an 11 I don't know if an 8.25 would clear "inside")
Backspace is from the back of the wheel to the mounting surface. This is only accurate as an exact wheel comparison(weld RTS 15x10 and RTS 18x11(18x9 also). If changing wheel type or manufacturer you'll need at least offset #(this is the distance from center of wheel to mounting surface) to determine where it'll sit.
P.S. 18" welds FTW. :)

Force Induced

Boost Addict
Established Member
Personally if your not running welds to do a big little setup I wouldn't run them for big wheels. A set of forgestars would be lighter than RTS in those sizes.

stangn

Established Member
I know there are lighter wheels than rts's but they are way lighter than a factory wheel. I put 18" rts on mine and the rear wheel (18x10) and tire felt lighter than just the factory wheel alone.

BUCKET

Established Member
Well, trying to find something lighter in an 18 then my 20" vossens.
Liked the idea with welds in an 18x9/11 setup so for more fun I'll have a matching 15x10

Forgestars hu, let me go look. If nothing is going to shave a good bit of weight I'll stick with the vossens. The 20s saved me 4lbs in front but gained 2lbs rear over stock boss 19s

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
we have been doing a lot of weld setups, including the 3 new series of wheels, they are a little more than the s71 rts.

newrts.jpg

Most of the popular sizes are listed here, but we can have anything custom made, I have a lot of guys do 18x10 rears with 18x9 fronts, 20" setups.

Weld Wheels

If you don't see the custom sizes you want, just hit me up for pricing on them all.

beef
513-478-1965

BUCKET

Established Member
Beef. Any weight comparo on these new styles vs the std rts?

Says is a 15x10 rts (the style we all know) any heavier/lighter then say the s77b?

From what I am finding on vossens
front
27lbs
Rear
28lbs

(I some how lost all my notes I was keeping on weight shaving)

Only plan to go to 18s if it's worth the weight savings. Otherwise I'll stick with what I got. Not finding weights anywhere on weld 18s. Now the 15s I'm seeing are 11-16lbs (depending width)

Man I need to just ask easy forum questions like, which spoiler fits or who has the best floor mats. Ha

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Beef. Any weight comparo on these new styles vs the std rts?

Says is a 15x10 rts (the style we all know) any heavier/lighter then say the s77b?

From what I am finding on vossens
front
27lbs
Rear
28lbs

(I some how lost all my notes I was keeping on weight shaving)

Only plan to go to 18s if it's worth the weight savings. Otherwise I'll stick with what I got. Not finding weights anywhere on weld 18s. Now the 15s I'm seeing are 11-16lbs (depending width)

Man I need to just ask easy forum questions like, which spoiler fits or who has the best floor mats. Ha

I don't have exact specs but was told all styles are very close in weight

Fastnature

Established Member
It be nice if these wheel manufactures would just list the weight on their website. It would save alot of people time trying to search for others that have scaled them

D.T.R

Established Member
Dang, this thread makes me wonder what my 15x10 6.5" backspace wheels will look like... ugh i hope is not too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread