Weld in Flows with O/R H-pipe?

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Finally closed the deal on my Terminator. '03 Vert with 16k, paid $24500. Pics here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/554919783DMisEa
(Note the clear taillights have already been switched out for OEM lights). Car came with weld in Flows and I was really impressed at the sound. Of course I do want to go a bit more aggressive without driving me nuts with the vert top. So here's my options:

1. Add an O/R H pipe or Prochamber to the existing catback. I don't know if this is possible. I'm assuming you'd have to have a muffler shop weld a reducer to get from 2.5" to 2.25"?

2. Add 4" tips to the catback. I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make but I've heard there is some difference.

3. Find a used 2.5" Flowmaster catback and used O/R H.

As you probably figured out, I can't go dropping $500+ dollars right now on an exhaust. I have done a pile of reading on here but would like to get the pros option before I make a move, especially guys that have had experience with Flows on the Terminators. Lemme know what ya'll think.

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Other option: Buy a mild sounding used catback (MAC or something similar). Even I can't bring myself to try a LM1 or M55's on a convertible.

tv's 03

Established Member
SteelersVenom06 said:
Finally closed the deal on my Terminator. '03 Vert with 16k, paid $24500. Pics here: http://rides.webshots.com/album/554919783DMisEa
(Note the clear taillights have already been switched out for OEM lights). Car came with weld in Flows and I was really impressed at the sound. Of course I do want to go a bit more aggressive without driving me nuts with the vert top. So here's my options:

1. Add an O/R H pipe or Prochamber to the existing catback. I don't know if this is possible. I'm assuming you'd have to have a muffler shop weld a reducer to get from 2.5" to 2.25"?

No, no reducer needed, it will bolt right up at the flange and ball sockets.

2. Add 4" tips to the catback. I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make but I've heard there is some difference.

You will here a difference for sure. The stockers are filled with steel wool between the pipe and tip to reduce resonance

3. Find a used 2.5" Flowmaster catback and used O/R H.

This would be, assuming a used exhaust in good shape, the best option, since you would get mandrel bends and 2.5' pipes

As you probably figured out, I can't go dropping $500+ dollars right now on an exhaust. I have done a pile of reading on here but would like to get the pros option before I make a move, especially guys that have had experience with Flows on the Terminators. Lemme know what ya'll think.

Exhaust is such a subjective matter. I have heard some very high quality x pipe and straight through muffler setups that I thought sounded bad, particularily at idle. But many would describe it as exotic and bad azz. I just like throaty muscle car sounds. Thats what H pipes coupled with flow or Mac will give you. However, my mac and flow setup does not have the quality that I have seen in some of the other systems. But the MAC has lasted 6 years on 3 different cobras. Its a bit beat up and surface rusted, but its hanging in there. I bought the HTS coated version. I just got the flows last spring, and they look like new and fit perfect, but are not stainless.

SteelersVenom06

Fade to Black
Established Member
Appreciate the input. I think I'm going to go with a O/R H pipe or Prochamber first and see how that goes, then move to a full catback within a year or so.

On that note, anyone that has an O/R H or Prochamber for sale, please send me a PM. I'd also be interested in MIL Eliminators if anyone has a set for sale.

Users who are viewing this thread