Weld Draglites

BigOrange

Established Member
I would like to put Weld Draglites, skinnies up front, on my 04 but I don't know what back-spacing I need. Can anyone help? Also, does anyone know what brand front tire that I should go with that won't have a tall side-wall. I would like to have 3.5 sized rims, 15-16 inch wide.

Do you have any pics of a late model Cobra with these rims?

Thanks.

SynMan5.0

Established Member
15x3.5" wheels will only fit on the front if you use a 3/4" or larger spacer. To use the spacer you will also need longer wheel studs and open lug nuts. A 165R15 tire (VW Beetle size) will fit this wheel perfectly. The downside to using Weld wheels is that they don't build a 16" drag wheel. The 15's will fit the front with the spacers, but you need a 16" wheel for the rear to clear the brakes and control arm. Bogart will sell the 15x3.5's for the front with spacers welded on and 16x8 or 16x10 for the rear, but they are really expensive. I e-mailed them the other day and they quoted me about $1300 for the whole setup (just the wheels).

kaboom

Yea it's a 03 now shut up
Established Member
They told me the same thing about 16's, I dont know why they stoped making them?

SynMan5.0

Established Member
kaboom said:
They told me the same thing about 16's, I dont know why they stoped making them?

Good, I thought I was the only one who thought Weld used to build 16's. Who knows why they stopped. :shrug:

EVIL1

Get Outa My Way!
Established Member
If you do some shopping on ebay you can find a pair of 16" welds,,,I got this pair a while back!!! Ebay Link----->Here!!!

When I was shopping for a pair I found some at Jeg's also,they only had like 3 pairs left but the price was very good!!!

Jeg's Phone# 1-800-345-4545

Users who are viewing this thread