Weld 15x10's and skinnies

cobroc

Established Member
Hey all, Im wondering if the weld draglites or dragstars 15x10 6 or 6.5 BS will fit the 93 cobra? And for the fronts, will the 15x3 1/2 or 15x4 skinnies fit without sticking out past the fenders? I know theres quite a few 93 owners who drag races on this forum. Im hoping someone will know. thx

mgerman93

Established Member
draglites

cobroc, If you have the 93 cobra axles in back you need a 15x8 with 5.5 backspacing. If you have switched to the stock mustang length axle (with the north cobra brackets) you can use a 15x8 with 4.5, a 15x8 with 5.5, or a 15x10 with 6.5 backspacing. For the front, if you have the stock rotors you can use a 15x3.5 (it only comes in one backspace) but the wheels will stick out farther than my liking. If your car is lowered the tires will touch the fender tops on bumps. If you swap to standard mustang rotors the same 15x3.5 will fit perfect. (it draws the wheels in .75 per side) Hope that helps, Mark

83gt5.0

Established Member
mgerman93-

Curious as to the rear axles you were speaking of. My other car is an 83 GT that I put the TCoupe/Cobra rear end in. I want to make sure I understand this right. I can put stock 79-93 length 5 lug axles (ranger/aerostar) in my turbo coupe rear end. The I use the North Cobra brakets to mount ANY SN95 rear brake setup on?
That includes the SN95 Cobra rear brakes, right?

Sorry, didn't mean to change the subject of this post, please move it if need be.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
Originally posted by cobroc
Will the Cobra front calipers work with the standard GT rotors? thx for the help.

Cobras and Gt's use the same caliper. So yeah it will work.

mgerman93

Established Member
calipers

cobroc, The calipers and pads will work. Just swap the rotors.

83gt5.0, If you have the turbo coupe/93 cobra rear disk brakes the North Cobra brackets allow you to use a standard length mustang axle. However, you can not swap to an sn 95 setup with these brackets. For more info see http://svo73mm.cjb.net or email matt90gt. Mark

Users who are viewing this thread