Welcome to my commute

SteveChris

Established Member
I was just having a conversation today with a friend at work about dbags on the subway when he told me about this site

SUBWAY DOUCHERY

some aren't that bad but my fav is the just plain inconsiderate a-holes out there.
I have a 30 minute commute door to door but i have to take 3 trains (each 2 stops) to get there. i never get to sit and transfer twice each way so i deal with idiots.

my all time favorite people to deal with:

Bouncers: They are either already on the train or they're the first to get on with a long line behind them. they stop right after the doors and just stand there. when there 2 of them side by side i dont even bother to turn my body, just slam right through. im so tempted to take my id out one day and ask them if there is a cover.

pole dancers: the poles in the subway are there so 4 or 5 people can stand around and hold on, or for some it's there to lean your body against it so that noone can hold on without grabbing a handful of your back fat. i just stick my hand right up in there and endure the crazy look they give me.

uncomfortable bending over man: this man stands in front of me, back facing me. he has a suitcase in between his legs.. oh how important the contents of that bag must be because he keeps on bending over butt rubbing my crotch 5 times a minute.

the curious tourist: every day i see tourists on the train with HUGE backpacks, the kind the even has 3 water bottles hanging off it..good idea because finding a bottle of water in NYC is no easy task. this tent sized bag stays on their backs while they constantly turn from side to side.. whats that!? whats that!? THAT?? is the sound of your huge bag cracking people off the sides of their heads. THAT is the sound of bodies dropping from head contusions.

The euro walker: when we drive we all know to stay to the right, and when we walk down stairs NOONE knows to stay to the right. These idiots fight their way down crowds without a care in the world. why are all these people going the wrong way they must think...

A day late and a dollar short: These people hear the train from outside or they see people walking out of the station. so what do we do? assume we can walk the 300 feet, pay the fare, make our way through the turnstile, and get on the train in the 20 seconds they have left. They toss themselves down the stairs crowd surfing all the way down only to be let down once again. these people do not learn.

Hi physics failed me: Most NY'ers know the rules, train comes, door in front of you, move to the side. they make sort of a V pattern to let people off. Some NY'ers and all tourist have failed physics. They must feel that I can walk through them. They don't seem to understand that mass cannot occupy the same place at the same time..they didn't learn not to cross the streams, they fight on anyway.

the opportunist: while the above people make a nice neat V pattern there is always one einstein who at the last second walks right into the middle of this V..gives everyone this wierd 'why aren't you also doing this' look and siezes his opportunity to be dbag #1

The Christopher Columbus: When i actually do get a seat this man sits next to me, spread eagle claiming all the territory he can see. might as well plop little flags on our knees as he pushed them away with his fat legs. i push right back and hold my leg there and play a 'no homo who gets uncomfortable the most first' game. i WILL win.

i think i needed to rant
anyone have idiots in their daily commute??

tdschst

Established Member
i used to take the "L" downtown everyday, which is the same as a subway but only it is up on platforms( "L" actually means elevated). I was working 2 jobs at the time and would always try to sleep on the train since I would only get about 5 hrs of sleep a night, and I would always get on at the first stop so I got the one seat where there was no seats next to it. The seat was right next to the door, and I was sleeping, this woman gets on,sees me crack my eyes open and looks directly at me and says "I can't stand". I'm not going to say what race they were because I feel most people can figure it out. Now mind you I had surgery a year before and have a metal plate and 7 screws in my leg(they don't really bother me) did I say that just so I can stay sleeping? NO! Why? Cuz I'm a nice guy ( I should've though). She sits down, starts yacking on her cell loudly as I'm leaning against the wall trying to close my eyes (oh and its 6:30 am). The thing that really set me off was she got off the next stop!! Then a little ghetto (same race) punk jumps in the seat. I was too tired to even try to argue and I just wanted to get to work. The next day I started taking Metra. It costs me $20 a month more but it is in walking distance and they have more comfortable seats (and I always get a seat, well 90%of the time).

It's even more fun driving downtown, I get to work an hr before my shift just so I beat traffic.I feel your pain.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Damn... I live in Bowling Green, KY and I thought I was pissed when I would run into a red light lol..

I would be a mess if i had to deal with that by the time I got to work

RAPTOR5V

Firing on all 8
Established Member
yuck the train's nasty dude cant you jump on an expressbus or something. I drive in every day and have to deal with asian driving disorder at the lower level of lie, then cabbies and other crazy ****s on wheels in town but the best is getting stuck behind a garbage truck for 20 minutes or buses that blatantly cut you off cause they know you'll stop lol

05slvrgt

Real bits of panther.
Established Member
Damn... I live in Bowling Green, KY and I thought I was pissed when I would run into a red light lol..

I would be a mess if i had to deal with that by the time I got to work

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. I go through a whopping 4 red lights on my way to campus every morning, and don't like sitting at any of them. I couldn't imagine having to ride a subway every morning.

Users who are viewing this thread