Welcome Mach 1 owners

Rick@Amazon

SVT God
Established Member
Great to see the Mach 1 guys have there own forum! Thanks SVT. We really enjoy working on the Mach 1s because they respond very well to simple mods. If you guys are interested I will get some packages deals together and post them.

I will post some good tech up to help you guys do your mods too.

Rick

Zate

Established Member
very interested in package deals for the mach1.

We are suffering from a shortage of GOOD information right now. No one is 100% sure what headers fit (pre 03 or 03 Cobra?).. if its the 03 Cobra.. whats available... can we use 01 Cobra parts ?.. 99+ GT parts ?.

and we are in dire need of a REAL intake for this thing.. throttle body down.. that makes use of the shaker... the PHP (Pauls High Performance) kit is ok.. but his prices are rediculous and its not a sealed pressurising system.. i'd love to see something that seals and pressurizes as the airspeed gets up there.

other than that.. packages of products that are known to work on the car would be great..

TXRickC

Established Member
My wife's Azure Blue '03 Mach 1 needs to get lowered a little bit. maybe a true 1" up front and 1" in the rear. (so a reg. GT kit would maybe be a .50" drop since the Mach is already lower from the start.

Any thoughts? just want to get rid of the 4x4 look and improve handling.

Zate

Established Member
Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING
My wife's Azure Blue '03 Mach 1 needs to get lowered a little bit. maybe a true 1" up front and 1" in the rear. (so a reg. GT kit would maybe be a .50" drop since the Mach is already lower from the start.

Any thoughts? just want to get rid of the 4x4 look and improve handling.

some guys have had great sucess with the Steeda springs.. or the MRT racing springs.. both drop about that much.. and are very similar to stock in ride height.

N20D5OH

Established Member
Thanks for the welcome! :)

I hear ya Zate. I'm putting an H-pipe from a '98 Cobra on my car this week. I think the only difference is the location of the bungs for the O2's. I hope that's all anyway, don't want to get pissed off if it doesn't fit.

Rick, did Erin get everything fixed on her car ok? I know hers got hit like 1 week after mine did. :(

TXRickC

Established Member
She must of made it sound bad, LOL
The bumper cover had a slight impression from anothe cars license plate bracket. Got a new bumper cover and we swapped it out on our own after body shop painted it.

N20D5OH

Established Member
Originally posted by TXSVTLIGHTNING
She must of made it sound bad, LOL
The bumper cover had a slight impression from anothe cars license plate bracket. Got a new bumper cover and we swapped it out on our own after body shop painted it.

Nah, she said pretty much the same thing. It just sucks to have a brand new car hit by someone not paying attention, whether it's $500 in damages or $3500. :(

Glad all is OK though. :)

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
MACH 1 PARTS

Hi to all,
I have JBA 1 5/8 " shorties on my Mach 1 .These are the same ones that fit an 03 Cobra. I also have an Steeda x-pipe with high flow cats, Flowmaster series 40 cat back system. The car sounds bitchen :D Other mods include a chip, eibach sport springs, FRPP aluminum drive shaft, Steeda tri-ax shifter, and a K & N filter.

Fred:-D

Zate

Established Member
wow. nic emods list Fred.. got any dynos done during all that? .. any ideas how much each bit added ?

I've been trying to dyno mine each time i get mods done (free dyno time helps..hehe) ... so fat MAC Prochamber got me 9hp ans 12 ft lbs.. and JMS chip got me 3/3 .. (slightly dissapointed in that)... Pro 50 - 4:30 gears and Drag radials on there also :) oh yeah. .put down 286 HP and 306 ftlbs last dyno on a Dynojet.

42RCODE

To Many Toys !
Established Member
Zate

I posted dyno numbers after the chip and Flowmasters cat back system.
They are on the Mach1 registry. I have yet to get her backon the dyno after the headers and x- pipe. My current numbers are 300 rwhp w/ 312 ftlbs of tourque.

Fred:)

Zate

Established Member
damn.. chip and flowmasters got you to 300 rwhp ?

I feel ripped off. lol.... this JMS chip is crap so far.

cmylxgo

Established Member
This is what I got on my auto...

Mods and Rear Wheel Gains (Installed in this order)

X-Pipe/Cat-Back: 20hp/7ft/lbs
K&N Air Filter: 6hp/9ft/lbs
Autologic Chip: 13hp/21ft/lbs

Users who are viewing this thread