Weird Question to ask... can someone measure their shift boot?

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
i have an 04 cobra, and want a smaller shifter boot to go along with my new shifter handle

i bought a gt500 hurst shift handle, and want to show off the chrome handle, but my terminator shift boot is too tall. i'm thinking of getting a shift boot for a gt500 to go with it. but im not sure if its wide/tall enough to take up the hole

so what i need is someone to measure their shift boot top-bottom and left-right so i can check and see if it will be wide and tall enough to fit my 04 cobra

any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Last edited:

Vinchenzo51

Established Member
i've checked most of the mustang websites and no one seems to have a nice measurement of how wide the shifter boot is for the new shelbys and since what im doing is custom it probably hasnt been done to many times before so there isnt any documentation on it.

ill keep browsing online to see if i can find it but in the meantime, still looking for someone to run outside to their shelby with a ruler and measure length and width of their shifter boot....

all i need is a rough idea how wide the shifter opening is... no need to take anything apart or anything, just how wide is the hole in the console the shifter comes through

6-Speed

Established Member
The 2007 GT500 shifter opening in the console is 7.25" x 4.25". This dimension is not the shifter boot bezel dimensions like you ask for but rather the dimensions of the opening in the console.

You're welcome. :beer:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread