weird question...please help

89lxfoxbody

20 second club
Established Member
Well I don't really know where to start this. Well my mom went to get her license re-newed today and the DMV office told her that her license were revoked. She didn't know what for and the dmv office told her that she didn't pay for a parking ticket in New Jersey (we used to live in NJ, moved to NC in 89.) Well supposedly this parking ticket was for the year of 1988 but my mom has never gotten a ticket as far as she knows. My mom has gotten her license in NC 3 seperate times and now all of a sudden they say her license is revolked? Well my mom tried to call the New Jersey courthouse and the woman asked her for her driver's license number so she told her the license number for NC and the woman at the courthouse was like "if you don't know your license number from New Jersey then I can't help you." Sorry so long but I think this is crazy. Any suggestions on what to do?

key2you

Established Member
What probably happened is the NJ probably suspended her license in NJ. And some how( maybe they now have rights with NC in ref to suspending peoples driving priviledges) the ticket caught up with her. Her license is probably revoked in jersey now so that would roll over to NC.

hillie16

Stand Silent in Flames
Established Member
Try to contact the department the ticket was originally issued from. Having issued the citation, they should be able to get her old OLN.

Users who are viewing this thread