Weird Question About Washer Fluid Nozzles

swaftom

Established Member
I don't usually post, just been reading the threads for years, but I have a weird question and thought I'd ask to see if there are any logical reasons for it. Whenever I get a little heavy on the throttle, not even full throttle, but just into boost some, I notice that my driver side windshield washer nozzle has leaked quite a bit onto the cowl. Seems to be a direct correlation between the throttle and the leaking; does it every time. I plan on draining the washer fluid, since I will never use it, but just wanted to know if anyone else has had this happen, and why it happens. Thanks.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
Like you I seldom post but read allot.

I've never heard of this issue. Or how that's even possible. the little pump is on it's own circuit, fuse.

May be a vacuum situation happening. such as heat in the engine bay is creating suction in the line...I really have no idea

Last edited:

swaftom

Established Member
Yea, I know, it is strange as can be. Thanks for the response though. I'm taking it to a shop soon for a clutch and tuning, I'll just try to ask them and see if they have any ideas. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread