Weird problem w/ Spec 3+ clutch?!?

1bad_stang

*BAR-NONE*
Established Member
Whats up guys. Man I'm thinking my clutch is going out finally. The deal is though I can still do a burnout or hard launch on it. It's when I'm just cruising down the road say 3rd gear 50mph and nail it the car accelerates for about 1 second then hits the rev limiter! At first I thought I might be spinning one tire but I put the car in 5th and 6th and nailed it with the same results. How can it hook from a dig but not from a roll? And really only in 3rd gear and up. Surely the clutch cant last long like that? The car has Spec 3+ w/ Steel flywheel. I've got about 30,000 miles on it making 600 hp and not being nice to it! So its been a good clutch.
Any help is appreciated.

Verlin

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
Your clutch is toast! I'm shocked you got that kind of mileage out of it. My last 3+ lasted 2000 miles before it let go. The one before that lasted me about 5000 miles.

03cobraracer

Established Member
yeah sounds like your clutch is done.. my last spec 3+ lasted over 40k. my new one has only around 5-6k and its been fine.

Wicked46

Under Pressure
Established Member
You guys that are getting all this mileage out of your clutches are very lucky... I'm assuming most of you are street cars. If you beat on it at the track it royaly SUCKS lol

DSGWhippedSnake

Right you are ken
Established Member
Just got finished installing my 3+ last night. Seems so nice! can't wait until it's fully broken in...hopefully I get the longevity that you guys are getting :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread