weird problem, 06 GT

GT647

Balls to the wall
Established Member
Hey guys I need some help. When I first got my 06 mustang gt I wasnt that good at stick. One day I was getting on to the freeway and decided to hammer it. I got through 1st hit second.. and right about at redline in 2nd I tried to shift in to 3rd... It wouldnt go in...so i pushed harder and it slipped in(i thought it was 3rd) but then i started letting out the clutch and i heard this insane whine and the rpm spiked almost to redline. I was in 1st! and i was going 70!!! luckily i didnt let the clutch out all of the way and slammed it down when I realized what happened. So i shifted into 4th... let a few four letter words out and continued home. Right away I noticed that the car had lost all of its smoothness and there was way more rumble coming form the shifter, the clutch pedal and floor. its smoother at low rpms but once you climb past 3,000 rpm its much louder and it hums through the floor. It's not that pronounced but it is definately a big difference from how it was. It went from feeling brand new to feeling like it has 100,000 miles on it. Also it seems to bog at lower rpms especially when its hot outside. Also it seems to get worse as the tranny heats up to normal operating temperature. anyways The over all performance seems to be less. keep in mind my car has only 1500 miles on it. I was so angry at myself. its been driving me crazy ever since.

The most frustrating part is that Ive taken it to dealership twice and they keep saying "We cannot duplicate the problems stated"..."seems to drive fine." I even went for a drive with the saleman who sold me the car and we drove mine then a brand new unit. He noticed a difference.. especially in the noise of my transmission. The new one is almost was silent in comparison to mine. unfortunately the service department doesnt give a crap about what sales says. I know they would find somethind if they open the tranny up... but they wont do it unless the damn thing drops out of the car. anyways Thankfully I have been become much more proficient at stick since and I am much more careful. Still it is quite embarrassing.

Anyways if anyone could help me figure out what is going on I would really appreciate it.

:shrug:

'01 Bolt

Close The Borders!!
Established Member
May have fried your synchronizers..just drive the car till the tranny falls out, then call dealer and let them know where they can pick it up at........ when they bring your rental to you...

GT647

Balls to the wall
Established Member
[QUOTE='01 Bolt]May have fried your synchronizers..just drive the car till the tranny falls out, then call dealer and let them know where they can pick it up at........ when they bring your rental to you...[/QUOTE] haha yea that's what I'm going to. Just drive the hell out of it... :burnout: and that rental car....
:burn:

Wishing4Cobra said:
sucks to hear bro.. hpefully everything works out for yea.. cant really help you there.

thanks man... on a happier note, my SLP Loudmouth axel-back is coming on wednesday... can't wait :beer:

redocmach1 said:
what??

LT1KILLER

dirt man
Established Member
ttt is to bump your thread To The Top, he was doing you a favor. Find a better dealership.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
I'd invest in the shifter setup AFTER the dealership replaces the transmission. I've heard the linkage tends to flex/bend under hard shifting.

Users who are viewing this thread