Weird Noise

dbotkin

Established Member
Hey guys,

I need some help from anyone who may know... My car is making a weird noise when I turn it off. Whenever I turn the ignition off, it makes a noise that sounds similar to a vacuum line (no, it's not the intake lol), followed by a strange noise that, honestly, sounds like an electrical short or something. From what I could tell by looking over it and following the noise it sounds like it's coming from the back of the engine bay, either toward the center or the drivers side. Any ideas???? Thanks in advance!

Daniel

redfr03svtsnake

Import Killer since 03'
Established Member
I have headers and during the summer when its nice and humid the condensation produced from the ac drips on the headers and it makes a crazy like hissing sound. I doubt thats it but that comes from the back of the block

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
My car does it too, its no problem. Its like a pssshhhhhhht, like someone filling up a ballon with air. My Dodge pickup use to do it too. Its nothing to worry about. It only will do it sometimes, don't worry.

Last edited:

dbotkin

Established Member
yea, exactly... I wouldn't worry about the pssshhhhtt sound either because I really believe its just a vacuum hose or something... its the weird sound after that is what bothers me.

On a separate note, how quiet/loud are your superchargers? And I don't mean the pulleys whining lol. If the car is sitting idling, and you put your head down around the supercharger, is it fairly quiet, or can you hear the internals of the s/c fairly well? I've only had this car for a couple months now so I'm not 100% on what the supercharger should sound like but it sounds a little clunky to me :shrug: I really hope the supercharger's not about to take a dump on me... although that would be an excuse to get a KB haha

Thanks for the input guys!

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
I get that air release sound as well when I turn off the car, sometimes. My blower is silent at idle, you can barely here it with light throttle on the outside driving slow, and wot it screams.

Users who are viewing this thread