weird noise in passenger side

Glacius

8 UR POS
Established Member
i recently had the car serviced for the squeak noise from the steering cloumn. But the noise continues. However it has decreased a LOT. I noticed today when i was polishing my wheels, that the passenger squeaks when i was shining it. What could this be? and how can i fix it? the other side does not do it at all. Its only the passenger side. Any help is very appreciated thanks!

iismet

Established Member
My car also had noises coming from the passenger side which we chased thru the suspension for many months. While working on an integrated STB - Mathis Brace solution, I read several posts about missing or broken chassis spot welds at the back of the car. During installation of the bracing I decided to remove the body sealer between the wheel wells and trunk floor.

Guess what - I could drop a wood chisel thru the gap on the passenger side. My car was missing welds from the center of the well all the way to the rear intersection. We seam welded the gap inside the trunk while installing the bracing. No more noise.

You can check for this by removing the rear wheels and using a pocket knife, feeler gage, etc. check the gap between the panels where they come together in the well.

Hopefully, this is not the cause of your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread