Weird noise coming from under the hood?

Jonnathan_

Deep whistling or swooshing sound coming from under the hood at idle.. not sure how ti describe the noise but its almost like a really low pitch whistle or low pitch screatch
ive tried researching what it could possibly be but i cant find anything and i work all day so i cant take it to a shop
Not sure if it a pulley or what. Im going to try and post a video
Its on my 01 GT 4.6 2v btw

StrayBullitt

Established Member
It's hard to tell from your vid, but Remove the Belt and start the Engine for a few seconds, if no noise then it is one of the pulleys (idler most likely) or the belt.

Exhaust sounds good at least :cool:

Jonnathan_

It's hard to tell from your vid, but Remove the Belt and start the Engine for a few seconds, if no noise then it is one of the pulleys (idler most likely) or the belt.

Exhaust sounds good at least :cool:

Haha thanks! Ill try getting a better video tomorrow and see if you can help me destinguish the sound

Scud2

Established Member
Depending on how old it is a new belt and idler pulley may not be a bad idea to replace anyway. Pretty cheap and you are already in there!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Jonnathan_

I
Depending on how old it is a new belt and idler pulley may not be a bad idea to replace anyway. Pretty cheap and you are already in there!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I replaced both idler pulleys and noise is gone!

Users who are viewing this thread