Weird no start issue

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
I have been chasing this intermediate issue on my 04 all winter. Car will start fine and drive fine and at random times after you shut the car off it will not restart, will not crank or anything. Battery light stays on when you go to crank it. No theft light blinking so I don't think the PATS system is the issue. When I turn the key all power in the car goes away, stereo dies,odo goes blank. Has new alternator and battery. Now car is an auto swapped car with an opti shift computer in it so not sure if that is causing an issue. I have tried messing with the shifter when cranking the key and that doesn't help. This started last fall and has come and gone. Car will sit for a few hours to a few days then fire right back up and be fine. Anyone else ran into a problem like this? To the point I don't even want to drive the car cause not sure if it will leave me stranded or not. Could this be an issue with the ignition switch maybe? No codes either.

SvtChris03

Established Member
hey there, i had this issue before as well, have you tried replacing ther FRPS? (Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor) that makes a big factor in starting the car, but if youre not cranking over, maybe your starter is out, and maybe your sparks are going out as well, If you have a service engine soon light on, get the obd scanner and run it asap.

bigmoose

Established Member
Maybe a loose connection somewhere. I'd double check your battery to alt and associated ground wires.

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I had a weird issue in my diesel like this. It turned out to be the starter solenoid on the fender was sticking when it got really hot either outside of from heat from the engine. Give it a few hours and it would start like nothing happened. It start like they said and check your connections.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
Thanks for the responses guys. Got home today tried to start the car and it fired right up so looks like I get to replace the starter.

Users who are viewing this thread