Weird issue after tune...

Missyandrob2005

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I recently bought some toys from Van for my 2013. Bought the JLT intake, tune, and nGauge. Installed the intake and flashed the tune and the car fired right up. I let it idle for a few minutes and shut it off to clean up the tools and whatnot. Started back up and I had no throttle pedal. I could floor the car and the RPM's would only climb like 200 rpm and VERY SLOWLY. I actuated the pedal a few times (read 30 or 40 LOL) and all of a sudden it started working again like normal. I thought maybe with the tune it was learning throttle position (I really had no idea). Anyway I drove the car for a few weeks and it would do it sporadically when it felt like it. I could never get it to do it and it always starts working again after a few minutes. I emailed Van and he said if it kept doing it we would open a ticket with Lund to see if he's run into that problem before. Like 2 weeks later I ordered the Ford 65MM dual throttle body and had him send me a tune revision. I was hoping it would solve the problem but after installing the the throttle body last night it did it again today after driving it for a few hours. I opened a ticket with Lund who got back to me right away asking if it threw any codes. It didn't and no lights come on. Car is just idling and won't take any throttle input. Curious if anyone has had this problem and if so what solved it? Never did it stock. Thanks in advance. Oh and i have to say when the car does run it's a beast!

MovingZen

And I'm on my way!
Established Member
Lots of people have had the issue, stock and modded. I've had it several times also. I don't think there is an answer yet but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else knows more, but you are not alone.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
That has happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times. But it only happens on start up, I just turn the car off and restart it and everything is fine. It never happens when I'm driving.

Missyandrob2005

Established Member
In a way I'm glad it happened to others. People were starting to think I was crazy trying to explain it to them. Mines done it a lot. Thanks for the replys and I will read and try that pdf Snoopy, Thanks!

Missyandrob2005

Established Member
Did the battery disconnect and jumped the power to the ground cable to discharge trick. Didn't work. Still getting dead pedal...

Users who are viewing this thread