Weird idle

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
My cobra previously had half a PCV delete (one breather on the passenger side) and today after reading I completed it. I blocked off the PCV port on the back of the S/C, put a breather on the drivers side (I dont care about the oil mist, I clean the engine pretty regularly). Now its idling like crap and I'm not sure how to fix it. Heres a pic of what I did on the back side, you can see the rubber block off on the back of the Eaton and you can also see the hose I blocked off (where my fingers are) that used to be a T between the valve cover hose and the S/C hose. Please excuse the dirt, the pollen is out of control by my house and havent cleaned yet
IMG_20130428_121249_zps51bce280.jpg

Last edited:

Anabolic

Banned
why does it look like there's vaccum lines missing out of the top fitting there??
also PCV delete consist of plugging the bottom intake, plugging the pcv power on the blower inlet & breathering the valve covers

Anabolic

Banned
you have EGR delete too without actually being deleted? why dont you complete taking those parts out and do the "Deletes" the right way?

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
They were done by the PO, I'm finishing the deletes. I haven't gotten around to deleting the EGR tube completely yet, I was reading a thread about how bad a single breather is and decided to do finish up the PCV delete. Its my DD so I don't have the time to pull the blower to get rid of the lower intake PCV tube, waiting til my next 4 day weekend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread