Weird Idle when at stop sign help!

robloz50

Established Member
Just started doing my datalogging with Lund for my ato Mustang with the Paxton 2200sl kit. Did the idle and neutral rev logs and everything was good. Got my 3rd rev and started to go for the normal driving logs(no boost). It idled pretty good and let it warm up and everything seemed fine. Went around the block with no problems but when I got to the stop light it idled at about 900-950 then out of nowhere would jump to about 1800 and back down to 900-950rpms. And this kept repeating every 5 seconds or so, I put it in neutral at the lights and it wouldnt do it anymore. Lund advised me to check everything to make sure I dont have any leaks and I just did yesterday and couldnt find anything lose or wrong in the install.

So if anyone has any advice or has had this happened to them let me what to look for or at.

Big Thanks guys!

Sof Top

boost junkie!
Established Member
My Lund/kenB tune does that as well and my tune is "complete." We got the idle/rev and drive logs good, the wot logs good. However, it surges randomly for a tad bit and then goes away.

robloz50

Established Member
It scared the crap out of me since I almost bumped the car in front of me. I will keep searching around the engine to see if I find anything out of place.

Thanks

Nuar

Established Member
I dont think you will find anything wrong with the install.
If it was install was wrong, the problem would show hp in the first two revisions of your tune as well, at least i think it would.
Another person with the same problem is just a confirmation to me.

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
Mine does the same thing which is weird because my last tune revision didn't do it. Mine actually stalls out occasional and from logging it i was able to see that one of the afr banks went to 0 when it did it so i'm guessing that is the culprit. I talked with Lund and he said he will work on it and get back to me. I'm not in a big hurry since the 5 feet of snow outside my house prevents me from driving anywhere haha.

robloz50

Established Member
Thanks, i just need to datalog it and let him look at the log. Was just afraid to drive it like that. I went through the set up and everything is tight. So we will see.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
Lund's universal answer used to be "it's your car, my tunes are perfect" while refusing to look at logs. Not sure if it's better these days.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread