weird fuel issues last night (yes i searched)

Joeazhp

Established Member
last night after doing some freeway pulls the car acted like it wanted to die and then when i would let off the gas my fuel pressure would drop to zero and when i pushed the pedal it would shoot back up to normal 39-40 psi. i did not hit the rev limiter or anything as i know that can cause the frps to bite the dust. when i pulled up to a stop the car completely died, would restart fine and i limped it off to the side car died again. popped the hood and looked for any messed up vac. lines etc. everything looked fine so i unplugged the frps electrical connector got back in the car to limp it to my friends house where our lift is and then it was absolutely perfect. car did throw a P0148 code but only showed up when i scanned it did not set of the dash cel. any ideas on this guys or is it the frps i ask because i could not find a thread w/ someone having the same issue. thank you!

Stalker27

Established Member
Mine is throwing the same code if I go wot after installing the Dragon tb/plenum and the JLt carbon highboost carbon fiber intake without tuning it BUT this combo ran fine for weeks. Now out of the blue I can only boost to about 4500-5000k and the car hiccups bad

I was thinking spark blow out so I replaced my plugs. Crazy thing is when I pulled them all out not only did they open the gap to 40 but all were tan except the passenger number two cylinder. That plug was white. So thinking I have a bad injector I replaced them and still does it. I'm REALLY hoping it's not in the gas tank. Meaning a bad pump or an issue with my pprv. I'm goin to try and datalog it later. Only true way to see whats wrong

Last edited:

Stalker27

Established Member
^^^ Funny you mentioned the frps. Mine went out on me this morning. Yesterday it took more times to fire than usual. Drove to exxon to get an energy drink before the gym. Not thinking about it turn car off. Go inside and when I come back out to crank her up I didn't think she would ever fire. Finally caught and went to gym. Turned car off and went inside to lift some heavy objects lol. Come out and fires up no problem but idled rougher than usual but drove fine. Now this morning..... Bitch refused to fire lol. I'm really hoping my issue has been the frps the entire time and NOT a pump dying. I've dropped my gas tank four times already and don't want to anytime soon

Users who are viewing this thread