Weird Exhaust sound? Metal clinking?

sav03cobra

Established Member
My 2003 Cobra has been making a weird sound, possibly from the exhaust but I can't tell. Sounds are coming from middle/middle-rear of car?.....(Pulley bearings and everything spins free)

With the car in Neutral and running, If I rev the car to around 2k-3k RPMs I am getting a weird metal clink noise upon accel and decel of RPMs but only in those ranges. Car does the same if I am driving it as well in all gears. Maybe a heat shield? Loose bracket? Something I should check?

This is with the motor hot or cold. I have MAC LTs, Straght pipe in place of CATs, Bassani X-pipe and Bassani Cat-back.

I did replace all rubber hangers a few months ago. What do you guys think?

Thanks!

Shane

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Check to make sure all the connections are tight, it wouldn't surprise me if something was loose and when you rev the motor a bit, it moves the entire exhaust.

If everything is tight, take off the catback and shake the mufflers. It wouldn't be the first time that a baffle inside the muffler came loose.

sav03cobra

Established Member
Check to make sure all the connections are tight, it wouldn't surprise me if something was loose and when you rev the motor a bit, it moves the entire exhaust.

If everything is tight, take off the catback and shake the mufflers. It wouldn't be the first time that a baffle inside the muffler came loose.

Im guessing at that point you buy new mufflers for the cat back huh lol

Thank you very much for your response!

Shane

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
my 01 did that same exact thing except it went away when motor got warm. never did figure out what it was

sav03cobra

Established Member
[video]http://s635.photobucket.com/user/mustang16_10/media/IMG_3451.mp4.html[/video]

[video]http://s635.photobucket.com/user/mustang16_10/media/IMG_3449.mp4.html[/video]

What it sounds like....

Users who are viewing this thread