Weird Driveability Issues

TurboPh1sh

Established Member
Hey guys,

I just started having a couple of interesting issues as of late.

Its getting cold here in Virginia around 30 degrees and my cars been acting funny. It has not had any issues until now.

The car is running very rich according to my a/f gauge, when I come to a stop my idle drops below 500 rpm and jumps back up to around 1000. Mufflers are crackling like crazy on decel and Cruising down the street the car bucks slightly and as it bucks I'm monitoring the a/f gauge and the ratio isn't stable it jumps between 12.2 and 16.4.

I really think it has to do with the cold weather. No check engine lights, and no prior issues.

Thanks for the help!

:rockon:

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Data log with your sct3 and laptop then email them to your tuner or put the car on a dyno if you have a reputable shop nearby.

TurboPh1sh

Established Member
Data log with your sct3 and laptop then email them to your tuner or put the car on a dyno if you have a reputable shop nearby.

Thanks for the help!

The next morning I went out and popped the hood to check for vacuum leaks, blah blah blah.

I found that my air filter was half way off, kinda just hanging out in the heat shield. I put it back on and tightened everything and all is well.

Must have shook loose on these bumpy roads.

Users who are viewing this thread