WEIRD DOOR SPEAKER POPPING- IDEAS?

crazyespn

Established Member
Ok so something weird going on. I got off yesterday morning, and on the way home had a conference call on my Bluetooth. Everything fine no problem, shut the car off and it sat until I left for work tonight. I get into the car and start it, and immediately noticed my driver door popped. Already surprised, I also noticed my radio was on AM, which I rarely use AM. I hook my bluetooth up, get my spotify going and immediately the door speaker starts popping again, this time terrible. I turned it down, can still hear the music and it stopped. As soon as you turn it up again, it goes back to popping. After this I tried to diagnose a blown speaker, and faded the sound to only the right side of the car, turned the radio up and left speaker started popping again. Faded it back to center, and then balanced the sound to the rear, same thing turned radio up left front door started to pop. I turned everything back to center and turned BASS all the way down, and it does the same thing starts to pop. Noticed that with the BASS down and a song that has heavy BASS it will pop bad, and a song with not alot of BASS it pops but not as bad. Weird thing is if I take a call on Bluetooth, everything sounds good and no popping.

Any ideas?

Before anyone says anything I have done a Internet search but the fix is only for someone with an aftermarket radio installed. Mine is all stock.

crazyespn

Established Member
Ok so something weird going on. I got off yesterday morning, and on the way home had a conference call on my Bluetooth. Everything fine no problem, shut the car off and it sat until I left for work tonight. I get into the car and start it, and immediately noticed my driver door popped. Already surprised, I also noticed my radio was on AM, which I rarely use AM. I hook my bluetooth up, get my spotify going and immediately the door speaker starts popping again, this time terrible. I turned it down, can still hear the music and it stopped. As soon as you turn it up again, it goes back to popping. After this I tried to diagnose a blown speaker, and faded the sound to only the right side of the car, turned the radio up and left speaker started popping again. Faded it back to center, and then balanced the sound to the rear, same thing turned radio up left front door started to pop. I turned everything back to center and turned BASS all the way down, and it does the same thing starts to pop. Noticed that with the BASS down and a song that has heavy BASS it will pop bad, and a song with not alot of BASS it pops but not as bad. Weird thing is if I take a call on Bluetooth, everything sounds good and no popping.

Any ideas?

Before anyone says anything I have done a Internet search but the fix is only for someone with an aftermarket radio installed. Mine is all stock.

This is only happening on the front driver speaker.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
What Year are you and Shaker system i presume? Check the amp connections (drivers left side footwell under dash). I know my radio will occasionally reset itself but saves my radio station presets. I had one of my Shaker amp connections wiggle loose causing popping like youve described.

2010 and up have a firmware update for the Sync radios, may help if youve never had it updated.

crazyespn

Established Member
What Year are you and Shaker system i presume? Check the amp connections (drivers left side footwell under dash). I know my radio will occasionally reset itself but saves my radio station presets. I had one of my Shaker amp connections wiggle loose causing popping like youve described.

2010 and up have a firmware update for the Sync radios, may help if youve never had it updated.
Ok i will check it out. And it is a 2012. Thanks for info.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

crazyespn

Established Member

Lexustech48, thanx. So i got under the driver dash, saw the small amp assuming, as soon as i put my hand on it it popped all speakers. I pushed everything in place, and now no pop. Still doesnt sound as strong, but at least its not popping anymore it was annoying. Went ahead made an appt mon for dealership, they going to dig in it more.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread