Weird Clutch Issue Today

ArabianOak

Established Member
Was rowing through the gears with some authority today when my clutch got stuck to the floor and then only came about halfway up. I could not get into gear at this time and it only lasted about 30-45 seconds before my clutch pedal came back to life and was perfect again...

My car is about to hit 10,000 miles.

I'm assuming I overheated the clutch hydraulic fluid...should I check and replace if needed? Any thoughts on this?

Thanks in advance...

Angry50

Established Member
sounds like the 11-14 issue with the pressure plate being weak. not sure about the 15s but the previous models had a helper spring under the clutch pedal you could remove and would bandaid the issue

jjones

Established Member
We'll my 15 just did the exact same thing. I have 9700 miles on mine. Luckily I was pulling in to my neighborhood. I coasted to my house. The pedal stayed on the floor till I pulled it up with my hand in my drive way. But now I have no clutch. I can push the pedal down and release , it returns up but nothing else is there. It is softer than it was.

whatsup62

Established Member
Had the same thing happen driving down the interstate with 1600 miles on car. Was able to get off highway and jam it into second gear and get it home. Took to dealership and the clutch came out in pieces. Replaced everything under warranty. Have been told by my dealership this is happening a lot.

jjones

Established Member
Had the same thing happen driving down the interstate with 1600 miles on car. Was able to get off highway and jam it into second gear and get it home. Took to dealership and the clutch came out in pieces. Replaced everything under warranty. Have been told by my dealership this is happening a lot.

what mods have been done with you car. dealership told me today that they would not cover it.

Dcrypter

Established Member
what mods have been done with you car. dealership told me today that they would not cover it.

I would guess that he has Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes, off-road pipe, MBRP cat back, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune, Dynotech aluminum one-piece driveshaft, Steeda short throw shifter.

whatsup62

Established Member
I would guess that he has Kooks 1 7/8" long tubes, off-road pipe, MBRP cat back, Airaid CAI, Bama Tune, Dynotech aluminum one-piece driveshaft, Steeda short throw shifter.

And you would be correct. Did not have drive shaft in when happened. I changed the tune back to stock before having it towed to dealership. Trust me, they were not going to replace it. Told me my modifications caused the clutch to go out. I asked that all that extra power ( maybe 50-60hp) caused that clutch to go bad...they answered yes. As that point the gloves came off. This dealership is also a Roush dealer. So I called Roush to see if I could purchase a up graded clutch kit. They offered nothing. I asked what is in their stage 3 cars and was told a stock GT clutch. I went back to the dealer with that info and said if this is backing a 600 hp car with warranty they better damn well replace mine. End of argument....replaced everything under warranty. I did have to pay 3 hours labor for them to remove the non stock exhaust and put back on. I was ok with that. Sometimes you just have to push back...the dealer is always going to say no if they can.

Dcrypter

Established Member
The frpp blower kit is warrantied from the factory with the stock clutch as well. I find it hard to believe any dealer could/would refuse to do it.

Besides they just get paid from Ford to do it, is money they would otherwise not get.

Cyclerick

Established Member
This has been a problem since Ford introduced the new model in 2011. I can't believe they haven't fixed it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread