Weird behavior in burnout

demas

Established Member
Hey guys,
I have a weird behavior when I do a burnout, which I'm sure that it also affect my launch and traction.
I turn the TC completely off and I stomp the brake, and each time I start the burnout, the end of the car is moving hard to the left.
Bottom line: I can't make a burnout without the car moving the left.

I'm sure it's related to something incorrect with my suspension parts but I'm not sure what.
This is my suspension setup:

BMR UCA Adj w/ Mount, BMR LCA, BMR Relocation Brackets and BMR Adj Panhard Bar, SVE Sway-Bar Relocation Brackets, Eibach Pro-kit springs

What do you think guys?
Thanks!

CPRsm

Sounds normal. One of the reasons for a line lock. One of your front brake calipers isn't clamping as equal letting car turn. Harder you brake, harder the back tires become to spin. W just the fronts lock it doesn't take much to keep the fronts tight enough to prevent turning.

demas

Established Member
Sounds normal. One of the reasons for a line lock. One of your front brake calipers isn't clamping as equal letting car turn. Harder you brake, harder the back tires become to spin. W just the fronts lock it doesn't take much to keep the fronts tight enough to prevent turning.

Okay that a relief, is there anyway to make it better while I burnout? Shall I press the brake less hard? Or any other way?

Thanks man

Rodinator

Established Member
I guess but I can't tell since I'm in the car. Is there a reason they shouldn't?

Depending on the type of rear end you have it could be getting worn and only transferring power to one side or more power to one side. Meaning one side is spinning faster than the other. Brake drag will do the same thing. Even with a line lock and no brake pressure on the rear cars will walk in the burn out. Unequal tire pressure could cause it too.

demas

Established Member
Depending on the type of rear end you have it could be getting worn and only transferring power to one side or more power to one side. Meaning one side is spinning faster than the other. Brake drag will do the same thing. Even with a line lock and no brake pressure on the rear cars will walk in the burn out. Unequal tire pressure could cause it too.

By rear end you mean axle ratio?

Users who are viewing this thread