Weights for stock/AFS wheels

Hunter6

Established Member
Does any one have weights for the 03 cobra rim in these sizes?

17x9
17x10 1/2
18x9
18x10 1/2

Thanks

351MachOne

Kicking Your Ass
Established Member
Someone has to know.

I am interested as well. If no answer is available ill put mine on the dig scale at work...

Hunter6

Established Member
Anyone have the weights for the 17x9 & 17x10 1/2 without tires?

Top_Fuel

Person of Interest
Established Member
AFS Polished Wheel Weights

17x9.........25.5 lbs
17x10.5.....26.5 lbs

OEM 17 x 9 10th Anniversary Wheel......24.5 lbs

Hunter6

Established Member
Originally posted by Top_Fuel
AFS Polished Wheel Weights

17x9.........25.5 lbs
17x10.5.....26.5 lbs

OEM 17 x 9 10th Anniversary Wheel......24.5 lbs

Interesting...compared to an earlier post the 17 inch wheels weigh more than the 18....:shrug:

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
anyone know how much the chrome 18x9 and 18x10's weigh compared to the stock 17x9's in machine finish?

davidmax

Established Member
Hey Hunter bring the car down,I just bought a new road Force balancing machine and we can use tape weights that will stick for ever.
If your not familiar with this macine it simulates driving under load and gives you the most accurate balance you can buy and its about 25.00 per wheel.
Were one of the few shops that have this tecnology and its good for 200 mph,Dave Smilovic.
PS:I will be at the fun Ford weekend on Sunday with a SHM race car And the beast will be home on Thursday or Friday just minor pulley alignment issue went with the Cog Drive system and Kevlar belt BULLET PROOF!!! and having rtrouble with A/C bracket all brackets made by hand,and we have to yet adress the stalling issue once it gets to 3/8's or lower but Sean's fairly sure he has it licked,just gotta get the pulley in place,Dave Smilovic
PS:Looking to hooking up withe the S.Vista group come on up and at least say Hi,Dave Smilovic

Hunter6

Established Member
Thanks for the offer Dave but I will not be back in the state until January. I am bummned because I wanted (needed) to make dyno day. Any events in January scheduled yet???

And how about those rim weights...anyone????

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Heavy??

Originally posted by 351MachOne
holy hell, those are heavy wheels...

No..... they're BIG-BONED....substantial....meat on the bone....etc.

We AFS owners are rather...sensitive...about our weight..please...beside, aren't you aware of the inertial benefits....body in motion tends to stay in motion (?)

Last edited:

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Sorry, can't help answer your weight questions. If you are really that concerned, AFS wheels shouldn't be what you are looking at anyway. These are in no way considered a light weight wheel. Not sure what your point is but go with something else if you wanna trim some weight.

RickSvt

Its Fast
Established Member
Originally posted by 00SVTdubs
anyone know how much the chrome 18x9 and 18x10's weigh compared to the stock 17x9's in machine finish?

I posted this above.....

17x9 stock 53.5lbs with F1's NON CHROME

18x9 AFS Kumho 57.5lbs CHROME

Rick

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Hunter - I don't know if those numbers Top_Fuel quoted are his or not, but I've measured mine and they are very close to his. (Dead on for the stock wheels.) I measured our stockers at 25.5 lbs and the AFS 17x10.5s at 27.5 lbs.

Also, quite some time ago, AFS quoted me a weight of 25.48 lbs for their 18x9 chrome versions.

Didn't they have weights listed on their web site at one point?

wjfawb0

Established Member
As far as rotational losses go too, remember that the farther the weight is from the axis of rotation, the greater the losses. So, a lighter rim may weigh less overall, but if the weight on the light rim is further away from the center of the wheel, it could very well hurt acceleration more.
-Jason

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
WHY

Hunter

I think you should define your question better....What are you trying to do...As mentioned above the the wheel weight...alone..doesn't give the whole answer. You should actually be MORE concerned with... TIRE...weight if you have a specfic goal.

You could get a 10-12lb. (expensive) wheel..& LOSE the possible advantage by putting on a HEAVY tire.

What ARE you trying to accomplish...anyway...For a street car...this whole topic is purely academic...no real world aplication...I have 10.5X18 AFS wheels w/335 tires....I don't notice any differece on the street that I can attribute to their increased bulk...BUT...if you are going racing...these wheels (tires) may have some issues

If you ARE going road-racing...I suggest you take this quesion to Corner-Carvers....if you can put up with a bunch of know-it-all assholes, who think because they own Bug-eye Austin Healy sprite's ...they are being scouted for an F! ride & can ABUSE anyone who asks a question not worthy of their lofty standards.

Users who are viewing this thread